Gaming Battlefield 3 and 4 Discussion and Rumors

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
I haven't heard about PS4, but I've heard pretty good reason to suggest that the new Xbox (apparently just named "Xbox") is to be announced at E3, probably a several month period before it's subsequently released for the 2013 winter market is what I'd imagine

Reactions: Aenotherus

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Given the beauty of BF3, would the graphics of BF4 be that much better? Surely, at best, it'll match the capabilities of decent modern laptops. Even still, I'm super excited about the prospect of a new console, especially so for Battlefield. Even though none of my friends played it, it was an amazingly fun experience as my first Battlefield game.

Vincent Torre

Torre up from the floor up!
Dec 23, 2012
Denver, CO
www.MickRaider.com
Given the beauty of BF3, would the graphics of BF4 be that much better? Surely, at best, it'll match the capabilities of decent modern laptops. Even still, I'm super excited about the prospect of a new console, especially so for Battlefield. Even though none of my friends played it, it was an amazingly fun experience as my first Battlefield game.
At this era in gaming there won't be any more really huge jumps in the visual aspect of game. Things like physics, motion capture, etc, will get better.

Until we go away from the Maya/Max styles of 3d modeling everything will still look pretty much the same.

The real difference will be the framerate and some anti-aliasing effects. I'd bet it would be something like the 360 version plays at 30fps, but the xbox 720 version will play at 60fps.

SFGR PHOENIX

Novice
Feb 2, 2013
What EA needs to do is give up with all the micro-transactional bullshit and just get on to subscription gaming. We all know they've been hinting at it for awhile now, they just need to get it over with and go bankrupt.

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
BF4, can't wait, maybe this time I'll actually have some people to party up with rather than try to play with randoms (and lose.)

Also, GTA V is supposed to come out before that, so why don't we all play that together?

GatorLaid

Podcast Crew
Dec 29, 2012
Here's to hoping that Battlefield 4 is more like a Bad Company game (for consoles at least).
I think the BF3 game mechanics and controls are a lot smoother and feel more natural, but as far as weapon balance, equipment distribution and general gameplay, I agree that BC2 seemed to have it nailed down a bit better.