Map Preview Bastion (working title)

Behemoth

Master
Jan 11, 2013
Scotia, CA
I will update the thread with shots of blue and the middle structure soon.
Hey folks, I have another project I'd like to share and hopefully gain some feedback on. Before I say anything else, I will have no criticisms on aesthetics. I'm tired of this being the main focus from some of you. Thank you.
Also, any name suggestions are welcome, a hue hue.

Bastion is a 12-16 player map with focus on vehicular domination. With a focus on One Flag, Bastion will also support Extraction (7 total sites) and KotH. So far, I have tested Psycho Duck's classic BTB Team Slayer, and I must say it was pretty darn fun. Now, onto the tools of destruction.

Weapons and vehicles.

Rocket Launcher
Sp'Lazer
Frags: 2
Railgun
Needler: 2

Chain Hog: 2
Ghosts: 2
Gauss Hog
Rocket Hog

Now, before you go ape-shit about the gauss and/or rocket hog, I am testing it thoroughly with classic settings to ensure that they are not overpowered. So far, so good.

Screens:

All constructive criticisms welcome.

xAudienceofone

Just Another Guru
Jan 17, 2013
NY, USA
www.adamcbassett.com
This is deceivingly large (the overview made it look like a small 4v4). I'm not terribly interested in this to be honest, it looks pretty basic for such a large map, but as a smaller one I'd be interested in this layout.

What ever happened to Ruby? Are you still working on it or can I use that gem now? :p

Reactions: Behemoth

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I need to play this, I was impressed when you showed me last night. The map is really well segmented for it's huge size and the vehicle set is... interesting. Unfortunately I don't think anything less than 8 v 8 will work with the size and vehicle count, but we shall see.

Behemoth

Master
Jan 11, 2013
Scotia, CA
Audi, I really want you to see it in person. The sreenshots really don't do it justice. And yes, Ruby is alllllll yours, haha.
Shoe, I think that you're right on the player count. The lowest I've tested was 14 and that felt comfy, but a tad slow. The vehicle set works surprisingly well in classic settings, so I think it'll do well in infinity settings with plasma 'nades. I thank you for the compliments, sir.

Reactions: xAudienceofone

xAudienceofone

Just Another Guru
Jan 17, 2013
NY, USA
www.adamcbassett.com
Nah, I think I just feel like I've seen this before. With small maps a person can really change how things connect, but this looks like a very standard BTB (partially because you don't have as much freedom in your budget). I don't know, I guess I was just hoping for something more that was unique or some more height variation, but I feel like this has been done before many times.

That being said, I don't know for sure if this is the case or if it's more a gut feeling. I also dont know how it plays. If it plays well, then that's fine. I guess I'll just have to join a game with you one of these days.

Behemoth

Master
Jan 11, 2013
Scotia, CA
I appreciate the honesty. I can see where you're coming from, but I am confident that seeing it in-game will change your mind at least a tad. :p
Maybe not, though. Who knows?
Let's throw down soon, broham.

Reactions: xAudienceofone

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Shoe was saying that this looked pretty good. It does look interesting, and like an improvement on your previous BTB work. And hey I'll take what i can get what with most supposed BTB forgers just making incredibly flat maps on Forge Island these days. I'll hopefully get to see it soon.