Mini Game Ball Bash

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
Ball Bash (version 2.0) - A Single Player Minigame Map

Ball Bash (or Side go Side) is a single player minigame. The idea is to survive as long as possible by dodging incoming objects by moving right/left on podiums. You have 3 Lives to do so :). (Better explanation below)​
As of v2.0 I have now enabled observers to watch you, this enables larger lobbies to take turns doing the map (If you do this, you should increase the number of rounds in the game type).​

Read more about this map...

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
I understand the size constraints of the game, and your efforts to have a player/spectator system. However, I still don't see why this can't be a multiplayer game. As long as everyone spawns, can't they just move side-to-side without regard to the players next to them?

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
I understand the size constraints of the game, and your efforts to have a player/spectator system. However, I still don't see why this can't be a multiplayer game. As long as everyone spawns, can't they just move side-to-side without regard to the players next to them?

So your talking about much longer platforms to fit much more players on? Because if you are, there isn't enough teleporters for everyone to have their own lane, and if I made everyone have one big platform to share, it would take one afk player to block a teleporter, if I'm on the completely wrong track about what your trying to tell me, tell me cause I don't see what you mean :/

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
So your talking about much longer platforms to fit much more players on? It would take one afk player to block a teleporter :/
Yes and no. You can still accommodate a decent amount of players by widening the platforms, but it's not essential to make sure that each person has enough horizontal room. Giving them some "wiggle room" even behind another player would allow you to go along with a less wide platform. As far as teleporter blocking, as long as you make the teleporters between one-way shields, that problem shouldn't occur.

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
Yes and no. You can still accommodate a decent amount of players by widening the platforms, but it's not essential to make sure that each person has enough horizontal room. Giving them some "wiggle room" even behind another player would allow you to go along with a less wide platform. As far as teleporter blocking, as long as you make the teleporters between one-way shields, that problem shouldn't occur.

Hm yeah nice thinking, I can imagine the funny games that would produce, will people stopping other people accidently and all the shouting that will go on:D I might work on that, see how it goes - But one thing, currently the teleporters work by sending the player to the middle of the next platform (with a receiver node), so unless I replace all the teleporters with two way teleporters, the shield doors wont work either

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
But one thing, currently the teleporters work by sending the player to the middle of the next platform (with a receiver node), so unless I replace all the teleporters with two way teleporters, the shield doors wont work either

Hm... well, the sender nodes really don't need to be "shielded" so to speak. I should have been more specific. Obviously you can't block a Sender node by conventional means. However, blocking the receiver would be a problem if it was in the center. Could you maybe move the receiver behind the human platform, and reverse-block it with a One Way?

Reactions: wizton

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
Hm... well, the sender nodes really don't need to be "shielded" so to speak. I should have been more specific. Obviously you can't block a Sender node by conventional means. However, blocking the receiver would be a problem if it was in the center. Could you maybe move the receiver behind the human platform, and reverse-block it with a One Way?

I was thinking just having two way nodes and a one way shield that pushes you away from it when you teleport to it... but now i say it it sounds wrong xD

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
155 on my second try !! Download it here --- Somehow I had 345 points, then it changed back to 155... I don´t know why. :)

Player, you should check this out... Isn´t this what you wanted to have a long time ago? A ranking game with no limit?

Nice! Awesome stuff, I'm currently busy but ill take a look in a couple of hours. Nice score ;P I'm gunna have to beat that xD

Reactions: Buddy

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
Turns out, buddy you thrashed my time :), I'm a little sceptical with your technique though, when i got my highscore i stood the whole time, but theres no rules against this, in the next version I am stopping players from doing this, so for now i will let you off ;)
You got: 345 (Total Hill time in Seconds)

Player, you played it just like me, how it was meant to be played :D
You got: 176 - But your play style I much prefered ;)

Thanks guys, be sure to rate and what not, and thanks for the testing! v4 now is under planning:)

Reactions: Buddy
Turns out, buddy you thrashed my time :), I'm a little sceptical with your technique though, when i got my highscore i stood the whole time, but theres no rules against this, in the next version I am stopping players from doing this, so for now i will let you off ;)

Thanks guys, be sure to rate and what not, and thanks for the testing! v4 now is under planning:)
I suck at this, I get like 50 and then i die because of walking through the teleporter and getting hit by a golf ball right as i walk through....

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
I suck at this, I get like 50 and then i die because of walking through the teleporter and getting hit by a golf ball right as i walk through....

It's all in the technique, stay forward in your lane, so you can see the objects falling on either side, (having turtle beaches helps here) and predict where you need to go, if an object comes towards you in your current lane. Also try and get back to the centre lane, it becomes much easier to predict the objects spawning from here, Good luck :D
Also note, the first wave at the beginning is very hard, keep a life here and you will add 100 to your total score later in the game, do your best to survive this!:)

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com

Muaaahaha :laugh: I thought by myself: Why shouldn´t I crouch? :p You have to be fit if you want to stay alive in the minigame jungle...