Mini Game B-BALL BEACH

HOBO ITCHY

Novice
Jan 17, 2013
B-BALL BEACH (version 1.0) - A Court Map for the "B-BALL" Game Type by HOBO ITCHY

Hello folks!

What we have here is the first in a suite of maps I am going to be systematically revealing for my "B-BALL" Game Type.

Set in Forge Island, this B-BALL Court features the magical Green Screen floor! The result is a silky smooth running surface , and a clear visual field to help players be their most accurate when firing the wily Sticky Detonator that is key to winning this insane game type!

If I can get more screenshots, I'll post them in a...

Read more about this map...

HOBO ITCHY

Novice
Jan 17, 2013
How many players?
Freedom Cobra:
B-BALL supports even teams anywhere from 1V1 all the way up to "chaos", which is around 4V4.

Any more people than that , and it tends to dissolve into long games with no scoring.

I think there are TWO particular sweet spots for this game:
1V1 is a Freaking BLAST! allows you the opportunity to not worry about watching your back, and instead to simply focus on you, your opponent, and the ball. As well as focusing on the many offensive and defensive moves you can pull off, with the Thruster Pack, etc...I don't want to give too much away- you should discover the moves yourself!

Then, at 3V3, we get another "Sweet Spot".
The pace is wild enough that you never fully feel you are aware of all the opponents at the same time, and you are regularly faced with the decision of whether to barrel through, depending on your team to clear a path, or pass the ball forward to a teammate nearer the basket, or pass it BACK to a teammate who is in a safer position.

Man...i LOVE this game...just talking about it gets me all jazzed!

HOBO ITCHY

Novice
Jan 17, 2013
So its grifball with sticky dets and scattershots?
Tomtris,
If it helps your brain wrap around the concept, then "yes".

But, to be more accurate (if you read about the game's history in the video description) closer to the truth would be that Grifball is like B-BALL, but with hammers and swords.

All fun aside, it REALLY plays differently than Grifball, and anyone who has had the chance to play with our group more than a couple times has commented that they feel it is a more enjoyable formula than Grifball.
For one thing, Grifball is pretty concretely set as a 4V4 game type, whereas B-Ball can be played 1V1, 2V2, 3V3, 4V4, or...(how crazy do you feel like gettin'?)

Check it out, and come back to tell me what you think!

Reactions: Festuca