Map Preview Attack on Forge Castle

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Hey guys. I'm back with a new map. I've recently decided to step outside my comfort zone and forge other maps that aren't competitive 4v4s or smaller.

So, to fulfill this little goal of mine, I made a mini game.

Wow, Zan. Did you finally get a sliver of creativity from your head and came up with a completely original idea?

Of course not. This idea was originally thought of by Nutduster. Here's the original map. http://halocustoms.com/threads/castle-siege.13358/

However, his map had some problems in terms of scaling and balance so I decided to make his epic idea of a mini game a more suiting map variant.

I9Y02zE.jpg

Also he quit Halo and that kind of killed any chance of him finishing this epic and creative idea. But that's what I'm here for. :)

This map uses the Ricochet gametype quite cleverly allowing players to destroy blocks. Yes. Literally destroying the blocks.

The premise behind the map is defending a castle.

This one.

xnlnLrS.jpg

The attackers have three ways to get to the castle. A bridge in the middle that slows them down. And two side paths through the castle walls.

However, to use the safer, faster side paths, the attackers have to destroy the castle walls by launching the fusion coils located in their base.

The fusion coils do damage.

WtmZ9Yo.jpg

A lot of damage.

gsafxI7.jpg

Once they get in the castle, they must grab the ball inside and bring it back to their base for big points.

The defenders, in return, have to defend the ball/objective.

That's pretty much it. I welcome any suggestions and ideas because this map is still in its beta.

Tdt2YZp.jpg

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Zandril, can you briefly put this map on your file share ASAP? I want to try to tweak the launch system and see how I can improve it. I've got a brilliant idea that I think will really improve the game.

If you can get it up in the next half hour I'll start working on it immediately.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
I recall playing this in the FC Lobby, lots of fun with a competitive edge and a need for teamwork.
One thing that we found (on offense) is that it was quite easy to toss the ball outside the base, and have it land in a fairly safe zone. Although this is a fun mechanic, it may put a curb on the development of strategy.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
My fear is the lack of light. Forge Island just gets so gray when you seal an area off with a roof.
Try glass, or maybe a gravity volume to repulse the ball back to the defender base? I can totally understand your perspective, though. You'll figure it out ;)