Halo Attachments for Halo weaponry

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Let me ask you this would you be opposed to simply changing the riticle of guns and not affecting gameplay, an example would be changing the current Covey Carbine riticle to the old H3/2 style?
If you're asking in-particular about the Carbine's reticule, I don't think I have a stance on that. The one we have right now is a bit sketchy with that green cast, and I'd prefer something along the lines of Reach's Needle Rifle.

But let's be honest - reticules are attachments that don't effectively do anything in Halo. They're just to help with target aquisition at a distance. They don't even change the gun itself, and recoil is practically nonexistent. Call of Duty's sights generally alter centerspeed, and scale recoil based on magnification. Not to mention that aiming is almost essential in COD, so finding where your most likely combat scenario will be is a preemtive loadout decision. Halo's reticules are generally well-designed to fit the characteristics of the gun you're using.

IAMAGUN15

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
North Carolina
You have the same weapons at level 20 which can be reached in a day! I love my spartan having their own preferred weapon.
you're missing his point, he is saying that he likes to start the round with the same guns, this is to ensure equality and a more skill based game rather than everyone starting with their best weapon which promotes camping (due to the fact that you have no reason to engage in midfield combat to get your favorite gun ) unless it is a power weapon of course but even then you could just camp a little longer and call down said power weapon with some personal ordinance.
in my opinion if their are weapon mods in halo's future then i would say limit them to purely aesthetic mods such as a burning scope for your BR or a "BOOM!! HEADSHOT!!" decal on a sniper rifle, but nothing like a plasma bayonet or an under barrel shotty/ grenade launcher or anything of that nature.

Reactions: like A pro

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
you're missing his point, he is saying that he likes to start the round with the same guns, this is to ensure equality and a more skill based game rather than everyone starting with their best weapon which promotes camping (due to the fact that you have no reason to engage in midfield combat to get your favorite gun ) unless it is a power weapon of course but even then you could just camp a little longer and call down said power weapon with some personal ordinance.
in my opinion if their are weapon mods in halo's future then i would say limit them to purely aesthetic mods such as a burning scope for your BR or a "BOOM!! HEADSHOT!!" decal on a sniper rifle, but nothing like a plasma bayonet or an under barrel shotty/ grenade launcher or anything of that nature.
I agree with the later half of your post. Having your prefered starter weapon doesn't promote camping(lets exclude the Boltshot when I say that). If it does anything it lowers the rage you get when you worked hard to get a weapon that to most isn't better than your starter and die. Besides I can't see someone camping with the light rifle when they could grab a Binary, but in a way that's the purpose of the LR its a baby sniper yet if you camp a corner with it you're auto screwed.

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
alright as soon as i saw this post i was going to go on here and, out of pure desperation, was going to trash talk on you. as a competitive player who loves the mlg and throwdown playlists, and also wants a halo 2 system back without loadouts, i felt obliged to.
now ive calmed down i can talk properly :D the halo community is, and this is hard to admit, dropping. the addictive feel of the older halos is just not there. there are no in game ranks, and the rest has been, again this is hard to admit, having too many similarities to COD. 343 is starting to realise this. there is now FFA PRO, and other gametypes, without loadouts. and halo 4 has been getting soooooooooooooo much better. we need to keep away from COD and keep the fun, competitive feel of older halos. please. do not encourage 343. we have halo's future looking great.
I really think that 343 listens to the community, i really enjoy competetive playlists again!

Albreich

Proficient
Feb 4, 2013
Antarctica
I agree with the later half of your post. Having your prefered starter weapon doesn't promote camping(lets exclude the Boltshot when I say that). If it does anything it lowers the rage you get when you worked hard to get a weapon that to most isn't better than your starter and die. Besides I can't see someone camping with the light rifle when they could grab a Binary, but in a way that's the purpose of the LR its a baby sniper yet if you camp a corner with it you're auto screwed.
Camping in Halo is nearly impossible anyway with all of the grenades and promethean vision.

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA