Are You Good With Aesthetics?

Jan 14, 2013
Well, if you are, then I would like your help. I am currently in the early stages of developing a new Halo 4 map, and I'm afraid that my aesthetic skills won't cut it. Of course, by "early stages" I mean "thinking about it". :D Anyway, I am looking to partner up on this project and for other ones, possibly. Just let me know, and I'll give you the details. Oh, and I could always work with more than one person!

Reactions: Buddy

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
If you post photos of your map, I'm sure people would be more able to help and provide feedback feedback even over the thread.

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
Sorry, the bright text hurt my eyes, I only made it one sentence in. Regardless, my feedback is still relevant. Post pictures when your in progress. Even a concept drawing or sketch up would intrigue people and would make it easier to find someone willing to work with you if they find your project is the style they enjoy forging. Hell, even a little detail would go a long way.

What style of map will it be? Competitive, flood, etc.
What size and player could would you like it to play for?
What sort of aesthetics do you want? Themes, cleanliness.

Elaborate, follow? ;)

Reactions: Buddy
Jan 14, 2013
Sorry, the bright text hurt my eyes, I only made it one sentence in. Regardless, my feedback is still relevant. Post pictures when your in progress. Even a concept drawing or sketch up would intrigue people and would make it easier to find someone willing to work with you if they find your project is the style they enjoy forging. Hell, even a little detail would go a long way.

What style of map will it be? Competitive, flood, etc.
What size and player could would you like it to play for?
What sort of aesthetics do you want? Themes, cleanliness.

Elaborate, follow? ;)
Of course, I might have gotten to some of that if I wasn't busy replying to your comment. Anyway, so far I'm not too sure if you really want to help me out with the project, or you just felt like giving me some advice.

- Style: Competitive
- Party Size: 10, 12, 14, 16
- Aesthetics: Theme - Wreck (debris, broken down)

Again!!! I don't have anything to show yet!!! Basically ALL of the map is aesthetics! I want to partner up with some one who can help me out in that area, while I develop the skeleton of the map without any detail. If I showed you "progress", then you would get a horrible perspective of the end-goal.

A sketch. Created by me? Do you mean a bunch of lines thrown onto a piece of paper?

Oblivious, you follow? :cool:

Yeti

Superfast Jellyfish
Mar 10, 2014
Georgia, USA
Bro, I'm MLG Aesthetics, mmmkay??
images-1.jpeg

Reactions: Kantalope

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
I personally wouldn't be able to help much. I don't really forge themes into my maps and any that I do are usually after I have the map layout finished and have all my gameplay aspects dealt with. I was simply giving advice and bumping your thread in hopes someone would se it and help you out.

Anyway if you post a skeleton and let people know it isn't a good representation of the map but to show off your layout only I'm sure no one will mind. It may strike an idea and intrigue someone to work with you. Again, sorry for not being able to hlp more. Best of luck though.

Jan 14, 2013
I personally wouldn't be able to help much. I don't really forge themes into my maps and any that I do are usually after I have the map layout finished and have all my gameplay aspects dealt with. I was simply giving advice and bumping your thread in hopes someone would se it and help you out.

Anyway if you post a skeleton and let people know it isn't a good representation of the map but to show off your layout only I'm sure no one will mind. It may strike an idea and intrigue someone to work with you. Again, sorry for not being able to hlp more. Best of luck though.
Thanks.