Gametype Alien vs. Predator

Ev1l D3m0n

Novice
Feb 4, 2013
Alien vs. Predator (version 1.9) - Flood revamp based on Sci-Fi's most iconic Alien bad-asses.

Recommended maps: Mid/small-sized maps that do not rely on grav-lifts or trait zones.
Examples: Abandon, Landfall, Daybreak

Custom maps are encouraged if they have balanced Ordnance. I hope to make a map specifically for this Game Type in the future. :)

Description:

AvP is a revamp of the Flood gametype that places you in the shoes of two of the most iconic Sci-Fi characters. Humans take on the role of the Predators while the Flood are the bloodlusty, fast-spreading Xenomorphs.

The...

Read more about this map...

Reactions: Budddyyy

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
First: I´m a huge fan from Predator, Alien, AvP! Second: I think, i will use this gametype for my jungle predator map, since there are only shit maps of AvP or Predator ... Is one round 4 min, 6 min or endless long? does a xeno need two slices to kill a predator? with how many xenos starts the game? :y:

Reactions: Ev1l D3m0n

Ev1l D3m0n

Novice
Feb 4, 2013
Sounds like great fun! What maps do you recommend, i've gotta try this out sometime
Out of default maps I like Abandon the best. It has balanced Ordnance and the right vibe. On Abandon 6-10 people would be best. Solace and Landfall play pretty nice as well. If you have a larger lobby I'd recommend mid-sized maps like Complex and Perdition.
I think larger maps would work with more than 12 players, but I haven't been able to test that yet. Also I don't know if two Floods at spawn would be enough for that. I really wish Halo 4 had a percentage option for starter zombies. :\

First: I´m a huge fan from Predator, Alien, AvP! Second: I think, i will use this gametype for my jungle predator map, since there are only shit maps of AvP or Predator ... Is one round 4 min, 6 min or endless long? does a xeno need two slices to kill a predator? with how many xenos starts the game? :y:
One round is four minutes, Xenos can spread pretty fast if they know what they're doing. Like normal Flood there's two of them at spawn (1 poor Xeno would just get killed over and over, lol). They can kill you with one shot unless you block their attacks, so it's crucial to stay stealthy.
I'm curious about your map. Let me know how it turns out if you decide to play this gametype on it. :) Keep in mind that the ordnance has to be balanced (the game uses Covenant ordnance), and grav lifts usually don't work because players are more heavy. You could always tune the lifts for that though.

I'm glad you guys like the idea! :D

Ev1l D3m0n

Novice
Feb 4, 2013
Thx ;) But why are they more heavy? I mean in the movies they can jump and climb like "pros" if you know what im talking about :D
Both the Aliens and the Predators can jump about as high as default Flood. I just upped the gravity a bit to make the jumps less floaty, as I felt that that slowed down gameplay. You can perform successive jumps faster if the gravity is higher, since you'll spent less time in the air. The increased gravity also works somewhat as a nerf to the Flood's Thruster Pack.