Map Preview Alcazar

SixteenthMatt

Master
Feb 10, 2013

Map Description

Alcazar is a medium-large map built just above the water on Forge Island. The map is mostly based on the map Castle from COD: World at War, or at least the original sketch I did for the layout was. For anyone who remembers the map from COD, the most of the main buildings are is the same general locations, but working with Halo some things did have to change.

The map is now playable. Weapon drops, spawns & objectives are all done. It is setup for everything except Dominion. Extraction is still missing the extraction crates though. I may be changing a few areas and/or weapon layout to help improve gameplay. Just from flying around the map something seems a little off though.

The title may also change. If you have any better suggestions feel free to post your ideas. (Naming it is my least favorite part of making a map)

Current Version: v0.8 Expect updates in the near future...

Compatible Gametypes​​
  • Capture the Flag
  • Extraction (still needs crates)
  • Flood
  • King of the Hill
  • Oddball
  • Regicide
  • All Slayer Variants
Download

Click HERE to get to the online fileshare.

Or

You can go through the in-game file browser
(File Browser > Map Variants > File Share Search >SixteenthMatt>Alcazar)

Weapons

Initial Drops
  • Sniper x2
  • Rockets
  • Needler x2
Random Drops
  • Needler
  • Sticky Detonator
  • Railgun
  • Concussion Rifle
  • Sniper
  • Beam Rifle
  • Rockets
  • Plasma Grenade
  • Frag Grenade
  • Pule Grenade
  • Binary Rifle
Overview

Overview.jpg

Screenshots

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
7.jpg

8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Map Updates

4/10/12 - Map Layout Posted

4/12/12 - Map Playable

• Added spawns, weapons & objectives
  • Updated pics to new version
The map is now playable. I'm looking to test it now to see if there are any huge problems. I will make changes based on the feedback when I get time. If I get some free time in the next few days, I'll make a detailed overview with weapon overlays. Download the map by clicking HERE and be sure to check out my other maps. Thanks.

Oh and if you have a better name I'm all ears.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
This looks really cool! I wish you luck in testing, and I hope that I'll get a chance to play at some point either during or after testing. Your layout looks interesting, and I like how the map has a bit more of a theme than many maps do. It looks like you've pulled off a very clean aesthetic as well, which is always good. I love asymmetrical maps like this.

As for the mantis, that sounds a bit iffy. This doesn't really look like a map which would support one well, but I suppose I'd have to take a look to be sure. i'm not saying it isn't doable, it just may not be a very good idea.

Reactions: Titmar

SixteenthMatt

Master
Feb 10, 2013
Well I managed to update the map sooner than I thought. It is now playable; weapons, spawns and objectives are all on the map now. I made a few aesthetic changes and ended up deleting the Mantis. The map really is too small for it, but I left the Mongooses (mostly for CTF) Be sure to download and let me know what you think. If I have any time this weekend I'll post an overview with weapon overlays/spawns. Thanks.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
"alcanzar" is the Spanish word for "to-" "achieve, reach, attain,", etc. Seems like an odd choice because I don't really see what an action like that has to do with a map.

If we're sticking to the Spanish theme, and the map's details, I think it looks like a park with ancient, earthy features. It also seems kinda alone, solitary, almost sacred if we're going into the original map's context, Castle. You might want to consider using the words "parque", "de tierra", "antiguo", "remoto", or "sagrado"

SixteenthMatt

Master
Feb 10, 2013
"alcanzar" is the Spanish word for "to-" "achieve, reach, attain,", etc. Seems like an odd choice because I don't really see what an action like that has to do with a map.

If we're sticking to the Spanish theme, and the map's details, I think it looks like a park with ancient, earthy features. It also seems kinda alone, solitary, almost sacred if we're going into the original map's context, Castle. You might want to consider using the words "parque", "de tierra", "antiguo", "remoto", or "sagrado"

The title is actually "Alcázar" a type of Spanish castle. Castle is the name of the map I based the general design on. I don't necessarily need to stick with a Spanish theme; Alcázar is just a place holder until I can come earlier up with a better name.

Thanks for the suggestions though; I'll take them I into consideration.