Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Never have.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Dax

o/
Jan 12, 2013
Gais, math is cool, mmkay?

Depending on how indepth your Cal teacher gets, it's possible to get away with memorizing the formulas without a real knowledge of *why* you're doing it, though I would still advise against it. I stuck to memorizing the formulas in my highschool calc class and managed to get an A. But then I got to college and had to take more advanced calc classes for the engineering program I was in, and I very quickly realized how little I actually knew about the stuff. So, I had to spend a good bit of my own time going back and learning the concepts and whatnot. So, I guess it all just depends on how much of an effort you're willing to give!

Reactions: RogerDodger
Gais, math is cool, mmkay?

Depending on how indepth your Cal teacher gets, it's possible to get away with memorizing the formulas without a real knowledge of *why* you're doing it, though I would still advise against it. I stuck to memorizing the formulas in my highschool calc class and managed to get an A. But then I got to college and had to take more advanced calc classes for the engineering program I was in, and I very quickly realized how little I actually knew about the stuff. So, I had to spend a good bit of my own time going back and learning the concepts and whatnot. So, I guess it all just depends on how much of an effort you're willing to give!
Math is a teachers wrath :eek: !! Effort im right up there i with effort but I could care less... Its just me though...