Halo [343] Bullseye map pack + New skins & Armor permutations.

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
Halo 4 Bullseye Map Pack & Champions Bundle Pack
First of all let's start off with what you're getting and how much you're paying for it.
We know right now that there are several versions of the DLC available for various prices, all available in August 2013. If you wanna see some footage of the new maps & gametypes, I'll leave a link down below for a Youtube Channel.
I should mention, that the War Games Map Pass that you may have bought or received with your H4 Legendary edition does not redeem the Bullseye maps. It was made clear that the Map Pass would only be for the first 3 packs.
Champions Bundle Pack
Available for 800 MS points, you receive 2 new maps (Pitfall and Vertigo), bonus stances & skins, the "Steel weapon skin pack", the "Infinity Armour Pack", and a chance to play the new gametype "Ricochet" in the first 2 weeks of its release.
Bullseye Map Pack
For those of you who don't care for the armour and skins, the 2 new maps will be available separately, for 480MS.
The pack will also include a new gametype called Ricochet, which will be made available for free to everyone after the initial two weeks of release.
For whatever reason, if you decide you don't want the maps, but want the armour, you can actually buy the skins and armour separately.
Infinity Armour Pack
The Infinity Armour Pack will include the Prefect, Mark V and ODST armour. And is available for 240MS Points.
Steel Skin Pack
The Steel Skin Pack adds a "Steampunk Style" skin to UNSC, Covenant and Forerunner weapons,This pack will also be available for 240MS Points.
Lets start breaking this down then.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bullseye Map Pack
As you may have heard, "Pitfall" is the official remake of the Halo 3 map: The Pit.
We also have a brand new map going by the name "Vertigo". These two maps & an early try at the gametype "Ricochet" plus the Ricochet armour will cost you 480MS Points.
Check them both out below
7QO6HRj.jpg
New map: Vertigo
iaR4xZW.jpg
The Pit Remake: Pitfall
1003830_578623128843310_2057842307_n.jpg
Contents of the Bullseye Map Pack
The Pit has undergone some minor changes since Halo 3 but it still looks beautiful, and I'm certainly curious about Vertigo. But the details will be available on Waypoint soon enough.
I bet your thinking: "Ricochet Armour?" Yeah, I'm getting to that right now.
New Game Type: Ricochet
Ricochet is sort of a fast paced 5v5 basketball game. where two teams will battle for the ball, which can be picked up and thrown into the opposing teams goal for points. Bonus points can be earned by running the ball into the goal (In a manner such as grifball).
Roosterteeth presented Ricochet with a PSA, which will be available soon, if not already. It would appear that rather than a blank arena, Ricochet uses standard maps, as we saw it demonstrated on Pitfall. You also spawn with your regular Infinity Loadouts. A new "Sporty" armour permutation comes with Ricochet, called simply "Ricochet Armour", here's a picture below.
halo-4-ricochet.jpg
The new "Ricochet" Armour, and yes, that is The Pit in the background.
Infinity Armour Pack
Included in the Champions Bundle, or available for 240MS Points is the Infinity Armour Pack.
2 classic armour permutations followed by a new kid on the block, "Prefect".
ibx8xTsf4lIu8E.jpg
The new Forerunner-looking permutation, Prefect, among two favourite classic suits, the Mk V and the ODST armour.
(Rumour is that the guys at Roosterteeth also had a big part in the return of the Mk V, so that "Caboose could find his head again".)
Steel Skin Pack
Like the Infinity Armour Pack, the Steel Skin pack is available for 240MSP. In 343's own words, the Steel Skin Pack gives your weapons a "Steampunk" style.
Skins will be available for UNSC, Covenant and Forerunner loadout weapons.
steelskinpack_660.png
Champions Pack Bonus
Like I said, By purchasing the Champions Bundle Pack, you receive everything listed above for 800MS points, but there's more...
For purchasing the Champions Bundle Content you receive some bonus content, this includes new Spartan stances, new armour skins & new weapon skins
(Aswell as the Steel Skins).
champions-halo4-content.jpg
Halo 1 Flamethrower skin on an AR? Hell yes.
unscskins_660.png
Bonus Skins
stances.png
Stances
3 new Armor Mods confirmed
The Champions Bundle grants you a sneak peak of a new Support Upgrade, and 343 have two more armour mods that they plan to release a day before the DLC's out.​
Resistor allows players to retain full mobility while taking fire.​
Survivor ejects you from an almost-destroyed vehicle​
Recharge decreases the time it takes for shields to Recharge​
Summary
To be honest, I can't see why anybody would buy the
skin and armour packs separately. For those who care not for fancy armour and guns, then a 480MSP Map pack will be perfect for you, I'll personally be buying the bundle, just to get my classic Mk V look and to see what extras come with.
And that AR Shark Face skin? Do want.
Think of it this way though, 343 just successfully convinced me to pay 800MSP for 2 maps. Sure I'll get skins, and I'm happy with that, but the maps are the main attraction. And 800MSP would usually get you at least 3 maps... So think before you decide which packs to buy, do you REALLY need new skins? I'm glad the choice to buy the maps alone is there though and I'm sure others will be too.
I couldn't be happier with a Pit remake, and Vertigo will hopefully bring something new to the table. Though I'm curious to see how The Pit has changed for its H4 release.
TLDR: 480MSP isn't bad for 2 maps IMHO. The Pit is a great map to be remade. I've been successfully convinced to buy the entire bundle pack.
Keep checking Halo.Waypoint.com for updates.
Check ChiefAlphaQ's channel for footage of the new maps & gamtypes.​
So guys, what do you think about 343's latest announcement.
-Turtlespoon

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
Mark V and ODST was all I needed to hear, I'm in.

I've missed my MK V so dearly. Burnie and Gus (Church & Simmons voice actors from RVB) Were also on stage, and apparently they had something to do with the return of MK V, so that 'Caboose can finally find his head', they had apparently been asking for it for a while.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
I'm buying this for sure. The pit remake looks beautiful and all the extra content just looks awesome. Especially that Prefect armor. Pretty excited for this to be released :)
P.S. 343's last attempt at getting some money out of Halo 4 eh? ;) tsk tsk

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
1. DAMMIT!!! NO FUCKING GRENADIER
2. This is awesome, I was not overly happy with H4's armor and this will fix that. 343i/Microsoft are also doing something good with this bundle as normally they'd force you into an all-or-nothing deal(that being said I will get the bundle).
3. I'm shocked that alot of people arn't angry about the armor taking the place of a maps but I'm sure someone is about to get angry and bitch in a minute or so.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Going for the map pack, save a few bucks. I could care less about the customizable humdinger's, I just want the maps and the mode, even if I get it 2 weeks later. I thank them for taking less of my money than I expected.

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
Going for the map pack, save a few bucks. I could care less about the customizable humdinger's, I just want the maps and the mode, even if I get it 2 weeks later. I thank them for taking less of my money than I expected.

Actually just from buying the Bullseye pack you get to play Ricochet early, so you won't have to wait 2 weeks even if you just get the maps. I'm glad the choice to buy separately has appealed to someone.

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA

Zeezke99

Expert
Jan 9, 2013
Anyone hear about the 2 new Specializations? 20 more levels! Thats what I'm looking forward to. I'm going to take these nice and slow.

Feb 25, 2013
This is awesome, I can just buy the armour now without having to pay for the other stuff. Might go for the skin pack as well, if I get a good look at it. If I can make my Assault rifle look like wood and brass then I'm in.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Damnit, I don't want to buy the whole bundle for a couple of stupid skins and stances (I was planning on just buying the maps and mode set) but I have to admit these are sick. They look like fucking Dwemer guns, and I love the dwarves in TES. Now I'm not sure what I want to do.