Gametype 1 Flag CTF

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
1 Flag CTF (version 1.0) - The Classic One Sided CTF Variant Returns.

Back in Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, 1 Flag CTF was a fan favorite version of the normal CTF mode. This mode has been in every iteration of Halo since Halo 2. When I saw that Halo 4 would not be featuring it, I decided to take matters into my own hands and try to bring back this beloved game mode. Fortunately, 1 Flag CTF is very simple to make work in Halo 4, requiring just a bit of planning.​

Read more about this map...

Nondual actually found a glitch that assists in players scoring the flag.

1.) Place defenders flag stand (that was easy!)
2.) Now place the attackers flag stand out of reach of other players. Like wayyyy out of reach!
3.) Edit the shape of the attackers flag stand so that it goes where you'd like it to be captured.
4.) Now duplicate the attackers flag stand and place the duplicate where you'd like it to be captured.

"click to zoom"
1 Flag Ex.jpg
That's the set up. How is it better?

1.) The duplicate attacker flag stand will also have a waypoint to return the flag to.
2.) Since the attackers flag is wayyyy out of the map people will realize it can't be captured.
3.) Easier set up.
4.) No extra building pieces needed.

Reactions: Nondual

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
That is interesting. One problem the flag being really far away creates though is a constant waypoint pointing down on your screen. With the way it is now, defenders know where their flag is being taken to as well. The duplicate flag stand is also nice, so long as it always spawns the flag on the correct stand below the map.

It does spawn in the first one every time. Also you don't nesesarrily need to put it wayyyy out of the map lol. If you put it somewhere it can't be grabbed it should be fine. You can also mark the flag return area (ie with a couple extra capture plates making an 'X') so it is easier for the defenders to know where they are taking it