help with flood

whackedsubset3

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Hamilton, New Zealand
my friend and i are making a flood map and would like to know how to add things like automated cars and objectives so the humans can get points also is there a way to restrict a teleporter to one team?
i have look for tutorials on youtube but cant find anything. we have automated cars but the keep getting stuck etc. the map will be in my file share shortly GT whackedsubset3.

iForge

Qualified
Jan 16, 2013
K-mart
Automated cars are pretty hard (or at least expensive) to do on infection maps, and objectives are tough to do too; as the only type of "objective" is "defend location X for X amout of time" using objects that spawn in after the game starts. I don't think teleporters can be restricted to one team though...

Reactions: whackedsubset3

Stupid

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Canada
Right, there are no longer safe havens in the game so there's no way to make a scoring system based around objectives. You have to add in other incentives, such as areas that are accessible only after a certain period of time has passed. There are many ways to accomplish this, the simplest being by setting something such as a teleporter or a staircase to 'Spawn at Start: FALSE' in the Advanced object settings, and then setting the spawn time to whatever you desire.

Automated cars are created with sideways gravity volumes (found under "Gadgets.") You only get about 8 of them though, so you can't make anything too elaborate!

Right, there are no longer safe havens in the game so there's no way to make a scoring system based around objectives. You have to add in other incentives, such as areas that are accessible only after a certain period of time has passed. There are many ways to accomplish this, the simplest being by setting something such as a teleporter or a staircase to 'Spawn at Start: FALSE' in the Advanced object settings, and then setting the spawn time to whatever you desire.

Automated cars are created with sideways gravity volumes (found under "Gadgets.") You only get about 8 of them though, so you can't make anything too elaborate!
couldn't have said it better myself.

cjw255

Proficient
Jan 12, 2013
my friend and i are making a flood map and would like to know how to add things like automated cars and objectives so the humans can get points also is there a way to restrict a teleporter to one team?
i have look for tutorials on youtube but cant find anything. we have automated cars but the keep getting stuck etc. the map will be in my file share shortly GT whackedsubset3.
try thfe on youtube they know what theyr doing

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
Also, you could edit the flood settings so that they can't jump as high (higher gravity) and make there be a jump at one point that the humans can make, but the flood can't, but have another entrance for the flood.

Also, you can make destructable or moveable doors and have grenades spawn in after a certain amount of time

Ormy96

Proficient
Jan 16, 2013
Somewhere in the UK.
All you can really do for objectives is have walls which despawn after a certain time and the humans have to defend for a certain amount of time. For example say the game starts and the humans are running along to the first check point. You have to take into account how long it will take for them to get there, so that when they get there the wall is still in the way and they have to defend it for 30 seconds or a minuet. Until it despawns and the players are allowed to progress through the map.