Competitive Xenos [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Xenos (version 1.0) - A Forerunner themed competitive 2v2/4v4 map.

Hey guys. I'm proud to present to you a competitive map that I made. I made this with two other maps when my internet was dead and I had nothing better to do than forge.

This is a symmetric map that can house up to 4v4. Anything larger than that would make the map too crowded.

This map has a forerunner theme that I think I pulled off pretty well.

Overall, I'm very proud with this map. It has a simple layout and look but it plays pretty well in the last few tests I ran on it.

But this is...

Read more about this map...

Reactions: CrimmyZ and IroKnee

El1T3x10 RAP1Dz

Proficient
Apr 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Since little old me can't find where to review this, I'll do it here. Overall, this is a great map. Very clean forging, no clutter whatsoever, and simple. Perhaps my favorite aspect of the map is the center jump. I found it easy to contest the opposing topside by either bouncing grenades off of it or jumping straight through with the cover of the banks. I also love being able to jump from the elevated sides to the middle and back again, preventing top mid from being so overpowered. The only complaints I had about the map were minor: [1] think about widening the grav lift chute. I constantly found myself trying to drop down and getting shot back up, although I was in the far corner. Think about maybe a condensed Halo 3 Guardian gold lift, split so that you don't accidentally shoot yourself back up. Perhaps another option could be teleporters, although it would prevent grenades being thrown. [2] Personally, I would like to see a skill jump to the elevated positions at the spawns, coming from bottom mid. At least try it, grab someone to test a couple ideas with you. Otherwise, the map was fantastic! Every part of the map was utilized, and gameplay was not stale. You also did pull of the forerunner theme very well.

El1T3x10 RAP1Dz

Proficient
Apr 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
As of now, I think the only issue I'm having with the map is the diamond structure. Everything else is great if you ask me.

I've gotten feedback that told me to keep the diamond and I've gotten some that told me to remove it.

Personally, I'd like for it to stay because it looks so goddamn pretty, it sells the theme of the map, and it creates some interesting fights between top Blue and top Red.

But if they really are detriment to the gameplay of the map, I'll have no choice but to remove them.

What do you guys think?

Keep the dang thing! It's the single most iconic part of the map, and the cover it adds to the area between both sides is crucial in my opinion. I think it'd be a tad too open without the diamond.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
I'll look into the RC (supertopsecret) Thread to see if anyone else would like to take a look. It's a somewhat complicated system, some implicit selections going on and all that fun stuff ;)

Reactions: CrimmyZ

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
I'll look into the RC (supertopsecret) Thread to see if anyone else would like to take a look. It's a somewhat complicated system, some implicit selections going on and all that fun stuff ;)

I know. Debaytes told me about it when he offered me a Review Crew membership.

He asked me first! Haha!

just kidding, I love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.