Halo Why is Haven the only map in matchmaking?

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
So i started playing matmaking with a friend. Weve been playing mostly doubles but it sucks because we only get haven.

Haven is always first and everyone waitsto vote so you can back out quick enough.

Why? To add to it, they quit so often after coting for the crappy maps/gametypes...

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
4675064e74be608035200a63349b1fa6f78b7553b2846c980ce05f55eb4762eb.jpg

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
Haven and Skyline are the only two disc maps that play doubles well TBH. Put that in conjunction with the fact that your average player has something against custom maps and, bon appetite, you have Haven! Its disappointing because that playlist actually has a decent lineup of forge maps.

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
Haha, true. It's pretty sad. We do have a really decent lineup of forge maps and they never get played because the rotation is broken. Maybe in halo 5 they will allow us to make thumb nails for our forge maps and then people will be a little more willing to try them out.

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
I've never played trials but they probably do have it. I know halo 4 was rushed so it's an idea that I'm sure was thought about. I mean, how can you add load out cameras and not thing "Hmmm, wouldn't it be cool if this is what the index picture was?" Haha. Then again it's 343.

This is going off topic, but I just had a thought. We should be able to make playlists/categories of our archived maps. Like folders of "1v1 maps", "My completed" or even based on gametype Lets hope 343 had a little more time to think about a lot of these things.

Reactions: theSpinCycle

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I've never played trials but they probably do have it. I know halo 4 was rushed so it's an idea that I'm sure was thought about. I mean, how can you add load out cameras and not thing "Hmmm, wouldn't it be cool if this is what the index picture was?" Haha. Then again it's 343.

Haha, I've wondered this for the longest time :laugh: It would make things so much better! When I see something with a new name in the playlist, all I have to judge it by is its name. "Hydro"? Sounds cool. "Iron Prison"? Sounds cool. "Glass"? I'unno. But in the end everything starts to average out into a connotation between the default forge picture, and a lack of interest in it. Custom cameras would be rad.

I wish there was more playable variety than just Haven - not too fond of that map anyway. I wish they could do something with the larger maps like what Treyarch did with the maps in Black Ops: Alter the bounds of the map to a smaller scale with just a few cosmetic tweaks and wall additions. Worked really well back then, and good map design could do the same here. Easily, in fact, with forge.

Ah well.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Don't think we could do it so easily as the icon is associated with the map, not the variant we've forged. The game lobby only sees Forge Island being loaded really... It would be a nice addition, but so would alternative textures etc within the same map :p