Gaming Who's your Favorite Developer?

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Bethesda Game Studios, man. Fallout 3 forever :heart:
On the whole Bungie comment, I think they're great devolpers, of course. I just think a lot people tend to jump on the bandwagon though, when it comes to Bungie. No offense everyone. I come in peace.

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
VALVe

Portal, Half Life, Team Fortess, Left 4 Dead, Counter Strike, Dota.

They make SUCH good games, and as a developer, they aren't out to steal your money.
They have people that love what they do, and do it.

Also, they made Steam, nuff said right there.

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
is there a difference between ubisoft and montreal
anyway 343

Ubisoft is a Publisher
Ubisoft Montreal is a studio the develops games for Ubisoft.

Ubisoft Montreal develops on the Assassins Creed games, the Prince of Persia games, the Tom Clancy games, and Watch dogs.

xAudienceofone

Just Another Guru
Jan 17, 2013
NY, USA
www.adamcbassett.com
I dont really have a favorite, though the company i trust the most would be Valve. They made the beautiful Steam application and a whole bunch of great games (I'll look past Dota and Dota 2 for the purposes of this post). Others are good. Bungie is smart, but never captured me with any story thus far. Bethesda is generally good, but often come out with a great incomplete game (see: Skyrim's bugs) and I enjoy Bioware because of Mass Effect 2 and most of 3. However Dragon Age was a flop for me and ME1 was dull.

Generally though, Valve delivers at a low cost (Which is important for me) and high quality (even more important for me). Plus, to show dedication, they've released hundreds of updates for TF2 (released many years ago). They actually just added about 50 hats to the game a bit ago. When they set out to focus on gameplay (L4D, TF2), they do amazingly. When they set out for story (Half Life 2), it's enough to make me tear up almost.

So yeah, I have to choose Valve on this one.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Rare was my favorite before the whole "Bought by Microsoft and murdered with a shovel" thing.

I love Bungie, though the only title I care that much for is Halo.
I quite like Nintendo for their main titles, but not for hardware for the most part. Or for keeping up with the times.

Guess I don't know why my absolute favorite is.

Chron

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Australia
It's too hard to list just one favourite developer, so I'm just gonna list of few that I like.
  • Rocksteady
  • Pre-Microsoft Rare
  • Game Freak
  • Nintendo
  • Rockstar
  • Infinity Ward