Halo what should infection/flood be like in halo 5

Dec 13, 2013
my thoughts on this are explained in this video, take the time to watch it and tell me if u agree with me. i think its a pretty good concept of how it should be

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
I honestly don't agree on most things you mentioned. I don't think the maps should be big. Just as big as a Reach/H4 Flood map for a 16 player lobby. It'd probably be better if, at launch, Halo 5 has maps that are for Flood and Flood only. Not they way they handled things in Halo 4 where Haven and other on-disc maps are just made compatible with Flood.

Think of how beautiful these Flood maps will be with 343's fancy design skills if they shipped with the game. They'll also play better since they were designed with Flood in mind.

As for the weapons, there's already a way to do the random thing in H4. Random drops.

I honestly enjoy Halo 4's Flood except for a few things. I'd prefer if they were fixed for Halo 5.

• Get rid of the Flood's ridiculous lunge distance.
  • Stop forcing piss colors on the Spartans' armor.
  • Make sprint a default ability for the Flood. If players don't want zombies sprinting, there should be an option to disable sprint in the gametype settings.
If 343 made those changes for Halo 5, I'd be one happy gamer. I don't have too many suggestions since I'm not really a Flood forger. I just enjoy playing Flood.

Reactions: pizzamuffintime

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
It all comes down to options, like many of the issues with Halo 4. We should have the options to change spartan color, to affect sprint, etc... We could change much of this in Reach, so why can we not change them now? So many of the problems in the game come down to a lack of customization options.

Reactions: evergreen948

The 0micron

Selppin
Jan 27, 2013
As a BIOC Staff member, I know my way around flood, and I really think they need more options in general. They things you mentioned are fine, and I can agree with them for the most part, but My one huge complaint is the flood talon's lunge. It would be interesting to see 343i keep the talon, (with reduced lunge distance of course), but also have a "claw" or hand weapon, with almost no lunge, (more like a smack). If that was an option, that could open many doors to new and different types of flood variants. Especially small claustrophobic maps where a hallway isn't the entire length of the flood talon.

Feb 25, 2013
Honestly I hate the lunge distance. I really do. But as a flood forger I have become very accustomed to balancing a map for the lunge, so I don't think they should do away with it. They honestly shouldn't change it that much, just a few customizable options. I don't think they should change much because getting used to making a map that's balanced with the lunge would be hard transtioning into something different or even slightly different. But they should definitely reduce the lunge slightly.

The 0micron

Selppin
Jan 27, 2013
Honestly I hate the lunge distance. I really do. But as a flood forger I have become very accustomed to balancing a map for the lunge, so I don't think they should do away with it. They honestly shouldn't change it that much, just a few customizable options. I don't think they should change much because getting used to making a map that's balanced with the lunge would be hard transtioning into something different or even slightly different. But they should definitely reduce the lunge slightly.

right, I agree, I also think though for the people (like me) They should have another option like a claw with smacking distance just for variety

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
They really need to add back in the old H3 starting zombie settings. I should be able to pick alpha zombies as a percentage of the player count, rather than having a set amount. This would make maps very open to different player counts, rather than having a very strict set amount.

Dividing MDH

Adept
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
What 343 needs to understand is that the infection/flood gametype is associated with camping, they need to accept it. They always get rid of the explot locations in H4, and in Halo Reach the completely messed up the gametype by the end of the life cycle.

Zabud 4

Qualified
Nov 19, 2014
your imagination
I kind of preferred the reach version having the players turn to, well, zombies instead of flood. I think this mostly because the flood were not mentioned once in campaign and have no real affect on the story, but for some reason flood are in multiplayer. Even though I do not understand the zombies/flood thing I do enjoy flood mode so really it does not change the gameplay. But I agree with the lunge distance needing changed because in reach and halo 4 it was really far.