Halo What I/or you feel is the biggest problem in halo 4.

What Problem do you dislike?

• Spartan Ops

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Campaign

• Maps

• Total voters

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
IMPORTANT: I accidentally did not put more options to vote for problems, so here are the other options: Multiplayer, Forge, Gametypes, Custom Games, or Some of the halo players/community. Or you can also post problems that you guys think should be fixed.

Now this thread has two sections, i guess, So i'll start off on the lighter side of this thread. To me, Halo 4 is great, but like all halos, there are a few problems. I'll post a poll for what problem/problems do you not like or what you THINK is a problem.

Ok, now on to the juicy stuff: I came onto halo in halo 2, i was a noob playing on coalgulation 24/7 and that maze of a map, lockout. In halo 2, nobody gave to shats about competition, it was just play the game, and get killed by the gauss hog (for those who played on Headlong and Waterworks (i think it was on waterworks?). Now, fast foward to halo 3, me second most hated main halo game in the halo series. That is when everybody joined the halo series, and that is whenever halo became mainly competitive. Since then, everybody has been competitive, nobody likes to have fun anymore. No funny CC spamming, no stupid rocket jumps, hell, just tryhards. That, for me, is what is ruining halo 4 for me, competition.I'm all in for a hardcore competitive match, but, seriously, every second of the game? People need to loosen up and play the game for fun. Imagine, if we were all numbnuts like in halo 1 or 2, and came over to halo 4, our jaws would have dropped. So much stuff to do! Look around, you cannot get any of the stuff halo 4 offers you in any other game! If everybody didn't use the DMR and explosives 24/7, and if there were people with supressors and CC's everywhere, this game would be the best game on the planet.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
No funny CC spamming, no stupid rocket jumps, hell, just tryhards. That, for me, is what is ruining halo 4 for me, competition.I'm all in for a hardcore competitive match, but, seriously, every second of the game?
My vote is to fix Multiplayer. What you're experiencing right here is the overall lack of proper thinking on the part of 343. People will always choose the superior option, but when there isn't one presented, that removes selective competition.

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
Yea, i understand what you mean by its too competitive. I still use the br, cc, ar etc. just because theyre awesome weapons, but it aint as fun when others use these op weapons... For halo 5 they should make it more like the old halos

Vinceagashi

Qualified
Jan 14, 2013
I'm not really given any options here. None of those items listed in the poll are problems. Spartan ops is amazing campaign is amazing (although short) and some of the maps are brilliant. You need to be more specific. 343i got the general idea of Halo spot on. What they didn't get right is much much more specific than what you are giving us here. No ranking system (although going to be released soon) is a problem. The long wait for the file browser is a problem. The lack of firefight is a problem. The DMR being way too strong is a problem. These are extremely minor things compared to the options you gave us. None of the items you listed are problems at all. Those are all things they got right.

Vinceagashi

Qualified
Jan 14, 2013
What I just said likely explains why nobody has voted and there are so many comments. The one guy who voted for spartan ops likely wants firefight back and doesn't like that spartan ops replaced it and while not really having any options to vote spartan ops was the closest.

Vinceagashi

Qualified
Jan 14, 2013
Sorry for all the comments. Just read your detailed description there. You don't like how competitive halo 4 is huh? Isn't that why you joined halo customs in the first place? Get some fun casual customs in? Halo 4 has a fun casual side as well, just not in matchmaking.

Asunder

Qualified
Feb 1, 2013
San Diego, CA
I just hate how gutted it is. Missing many options that made custom games great, File Share down for months after release, etc. It feels like they weren't thinking about what made the game fun in the first place. They were more concerned with changing the game just to make it their own. They obviously had no clue what type of games the community was playing and enjoying. So they gutted custom game options and now what...

Albreich

Proficient
Feb 4, 2013
Antarctica
The thing with matchmaking is they have backed themselves into a corner. For example. 343 would probly agree the DMR is powerful. In reality the problem comes from the DMR being a skill based weapon. If you get just headshots, the DMR beats out the AR easily. But not everyone does gets all headshots, so that is what keeps 343 from drastically changing it. We all being that skilled player would never use an AR against anyone, knowing 9/10 you would lose to a DMR. I think the problem is the 2 weapons are to different. So what I think they should do is make their ratios a bit more similar.
Such as
  • range
  • recoil (which in my opinion is way to way low)
  • ROF
  • damage
  • ect.
There is a reason why in COD no weapon is infinitely superior to one another.
Another reason could be, that shields mess with things. (not sure about this one)

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
I'm not really given any options here. None of those items listed in the poll are problems. Spartan ops is amazing campaign is amazing (although short) and some of the maps are brilliant. You need to be more specific. 343i got the general idea of Halo spot on. What they didn't get right is much much more specific than what you are giving us here. No ranking system (although going to be released soon) is a problem. The long wait for the file browser is a problem. The lack of firefight is a problem. The DMR being way too strong is a problem. These are extremely minor things compared to the options you gave us. None of the items you listed are problems at all. Those are all things they got right.
Campaign could of had a little more variation on level design(I felt it was long enough if not too long), and the no ranking system I saw more as a strength, File browser was a small annoyance, Firefight I kind of understand but if it was going to be like Reach I'm happy its not in, the DMR(I spit) is good any skilled player can beat it with any of the loadout weapons(save CC).

Vinceagashi

Qualified
Jan 14, 2013
Campaign could of had a little more variation on level design(I felt it was long enough if not too long), and the no ranking system I saw more as a strength, File browser was a small annoyance, Firefight I kind of understand but if it was going to be like Reach I'm happy its not in, the DMR(I spit) is good any skilled player can beat it with any of the loadout weapons(save CC).
The thing with matchmaking is they have backed themselves into a corner. For example. 343 would probly agree the DMR is powerful. In reality the problem comes from the DMR being a skill based weapon. If you get just headshots, the DMR beats out the AR easily. But not everyone does gets all headshots, so that is what keeps 343 from drastically changing it. We all being that skilled player would never use an AR against anyone, knowing 9/10 you would lose to a DMR. I think the problem is the 2 weapons are to different. So what I think they should do is make their ratios a bit more similar.
Such as
  • range
  • ROF
  • damage
  • ect.

Another reason could be, that shields mess with things. (not sure about this one)
What you say about the AR is untrue. I am a very decently skilled player myself, and my main loud-out consists of both an AR and a DMR. At close range the AR beats the DMR 9/10 times. I find myself using the AR 60% of the time on most maps 15% on really big open maps. A standard match for me is 21 kills 7 deaths.

Albreich

Proficient
Feb 4, 2013
Antarctica
What you say about the AR is untrue. I am a very decently skilled player myself, and my main loud-out consists of both an AR and a DMR. At close range the AR beats the DMR 9/10 times. I find myself using the AR 60% of the time on most maps 15% on really big open maps. A standard match for me is 21 kills 7 deaths.
But that requires using "firepower" which i dont think everyone wants to use. I dont think the DMR needs to be redone just minor fixes to weapons in general.

Vinceagashi

Qualified
Jan 14, 2013
Such as
  • range
  • ROF
  • damage
  • ect.

Shields dont mess with things. Shields make a weapons damage more noticable because you have more health. In COD pretty much every weapon takes a fraction of a second to kill with, meaning they don't need to focus on weapon damage to balance. All they need to do is focus on stuff like recoil, reload times, fire rate, etc.

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
Sorry for all the comments. Just read your detailed description there. You don't like how competitive halo 4 is huh? Isn't that why you joined halo customs in the first place? Get some fun casual customs in? Halo 4 has a fun casual side as well, just not in matchmaking.

I do like how halo 4 is competitive, i like competition. I play throwdown myself, but the thing is, nobody wants to have fun anymore. I would love to just run around spamming a carbine, but nowadays everybody is playing like its the last game of their lives. That is also why i joined halocustoms.