Gaming What does HALO mean to you?

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
Recently I've had conflict with lobbies in which people show up for self reward or benefit. Some of you may not know this but I was a PC Halo Combat evolved player before H3 and that was the an awesome game. I loved it because even if the other team was acting like complete and utter ass's you still laughed and said good game at the end of it. Where has the Halo atmosphere gone. With each game that comes out that lovely atmosphere I had in halo one seams to draw further and further away. I recently pondered on my thoughts and to tell you the truth I miss playing on those haft done poorly forged maps. The reason for this is the fact that, I had the most fun on those maps, because the bar was set lower to a level that was not for a self goal or a competition. Don't get me wrong, competition isn't bad, but it seams that through each new halo game that greed for victory far exceeds good sportsmanship, love for the game and respect for other who play it.

So I ask you What does halo mean to you, not what is wrong with it but What Does HALO Mean To You?

Medina

Proficient
Jan 6, 2014
Southlake, TX
I don't know if you mean the series as a whole or just Halo CE, but I'm gonna speak for Reach, which was my first Halo game (Christmas 2010). I thought that the Campaign was AMAZING. It was nothing the 10 year old me had ever seen before. I struggled in multiplayer and then I found forge. Me and my friends Tanner and John Luke spent HOURS making maps and more maps and more maps all day and through the night at sleepovers. We made minigames, jetpack maps, duck hunt, infection and racetracks. Then I got Halo: 4, and like most I was dissapointed when it came to Forge. However, I still played Halo 4 and currently (since discovering Halo Customs) am loving the custom games and lobbies that we have. I wish Halo 5 can be like Reach for forge... And have a terraforming option... And a legit infection mode... and a mod pack... And UNSC Air.... And Playable Elites.....

Reactions: Charles Stoot

Great Mist

Master
Jan 18, 2013
Where the Mist takes me
youtube.com
Well I might as well put my 2 cents in as well. I remember when I first played Halo 3 when one of my friends brought it over and played it on my xbox for a sleep over. Lets say we were all laughing as our spartans were launched across Valhalla or when we would try to launch the hog through the lift and it wouldn't fit. Basically it's a kickass game that I shall show my children

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
The first Halo I played was 2, me and my dad would always play games together mostly WWE & Football. We never touched shooters until we tried DAH!, then we tried Battlefront, without even the ability to play it online we reached the highest rank just fighting bots, then we co-oped Halo 2. As a kid just shooting at aliens and running around an awesome world with my dad was amazing and pure fun. Thats what Halo means to me a game I can run around and be amazed by, even though me my dad don't play together anymore.