Competitive Victree

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Victree (version 1.0) - CTF Rotational Arena, 4v4.

Victree
4v4 CTF
As there's already a sea of maps on here, I'll keep it simple...

Victree is a rotationally symmetric arena designed purely for Capture the Flag. All testers have given strong praise for this map, and when pushed for criticism, the only addition I've had to make is a "jump up" from the Sticky D spawns.

If you think you're lacking in a good...

Read more about this map...

Reactions: Buddy

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
What do you mean with "rotationally"? The first time i read the description I thought your map's rotating. :rofl:

Looks good though. Gonna download it.
Rotational symmetry in maps is where the bases are the same, but there are differences from the sides. In this map, if you exit your base on the Left, you'll have a ramp leading to either Green/Yellow. If you exit on the Right, you go under a Bridge that connects the top floor of the base to the Green/Yellow tower.

As all Players have the gun taking up a small portion of the right side of the screen, I find Rotational symmetry a little more balanced, while still feigning both Symmetrical and Asymmetrical qualities.

Thanks though, hope you enjoy your games on it :)

Reactions: Buddy

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
So the green team are fire flies?
Haha, the shapes are there just in case the colouring glitches (it used to in Reach :( ). Players can use the shapes to help call out; Box (blue), Fountain (red), X (yellow), Tree (green).
The map itself only supports two teams (although there are neutral spawns just in case).