Competitive Triton

NYs Gr8 1

Novice
Apr 6, 2014
Triton (version 1.0) - Fun, Competitive, Arena-Style Game Play

jt2iw2.jpg

Once a flourishing society on the moon of Neptune, The mighty Triton is all but forgotten. Torn almost completely to bits by a magnetic storm, all that remains lies right before your eyes!

359daub.jpg

o9mmc7.jpg

122hi6v.jpg

4rbw9s.jpg

34471vt.jpg

Read more about this map...

Reactions: PA1NTS

Itz SHMETHAN

Adept
Mar 9, 2013
So I managed to get two games in on this map, a FFA and a Team Slayer match. Overall I enjoyed the map and i thought it played well. one thing that everyone in the lobby noticed was that the side where the Sniper Rifle spawns is way to open and has to long of sightlines. But other than that one thing the map was very enjoyable and the rest of the map played well with good flow to it!

NYs Gr8 1

Novice
Apr 6, 2014
I have actually been struggling for a while to figure out how to incorporate more cover down there. After a while I just chucked it up to "the sniper spawns there so it shouldn't be safe". But I do agree, in the update it will have more cover. Thanks for playing, I'm glad you guys enjoyed and thanks for the feedback. Oh and did you notice if anyone was having frame rate issues? I have been struggling with that on this map a lot but I think its finally under control.

Itz SHMETHAN

Adept
Mar 9, 2013
I have actually been struggling for a while to figure out how to incorporate more cover down there. After a while I just chucked it up to "the sniper spawns there so it shouldn't be safe". But I do agree, in the update it will have more cover. Thanks for playing, I'm glad you guys enjoyed and thanks for the feedback. Oh and did you notice if anyone was having frame rate issues? I have been struggling with that on this map a lot but I think its finally under control.
No frame rate issues for us, we played a 3v3 and a 6 man FFA

NYs Gr8 1

Novice
Apr 6, 2014
NYs Gr8 1 updated Triton with a new update entry:

Triton 1.1

Sniper spawn area redone for more cover, better flow and better spawning. It has become quite a strong position to hold.

Spawn points in general have been tweaked.

Dominion Game-type added

Minor cover and aesthetic changes made through the map.

More efficient building for better frame-rate.

The pictures of purple have been changed so take a look. May have one more update within the week. Enjoy!

Read the rest of this update entry...

reaper3bot0

Qualified
May 12, 2014
The map itself has a really nice flow to it. The one gripe I have is the rounded areas seem to have too much open space and no cover. Due to budget ? The way you have applied up and down type area's seems very well thought out and I like your custom archs.