Mini Game Trash Compactor - Master

FUNAKI1

Proficient
Jul 6, 2013
Trash Compactor (version 1.0) - Remember Trash Compactor in Halo3 or reach? Well this is it, Halo 4 version of it.

We all loved Trash Compactor the original from Halo 3. It was amazing so I decided to make a Halo 4 version of it. I realize there has been some remakes already but it didn't feel right to play in. So I made this a few weeks ago but didn't decide to post it yet. But here it finally is. Let me know in the comments to what I can approve with the mapView attachment 5294View attachment 5295View attachment 5296

Read more about this map...

FUNAKI1

Proficient
Jul 6, 2013
I replayed the map with more people and I realize the objects easily go over the spartan. I will be fixing it either tonight or tomorrow. Keep up for an update

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
We played this, and it does have a few kinks.
  • Gravity Hammer should be the first choice in the loadout. We thought that we were stuck with an Energy Sword for a while.
  • Banshees and Mantises are not exactly the best things to throw down there. They get stuck fairly often.
  • Speaking of, narrowing both the top and sides of the disposal make objects have an increased chance of hitting the humans.
  • Hardlight Shield is deceiving, in that it doesn't protect against splatter damage. Regen Field could technically be used to deflect objects if timed correctly
  • In the original version, the Garbage Man was allowed to enter, because he only has one life. Can you implement that somehow?

FUNAKI1

Proficient
Jul 6, 2013
We played this, and it does have a few kinks.
  • Gravity Hammer should be the first choice in the loadout. We thought that we were stuck with an Energy Sword for a while.
  • Banshees and Mantises are not exactly the best things to throw down there. They get stuck fairly often.
  • Speaking of, narrowing both the top and sides of the disposal make objects have an increased chance of hitting the humans.
  • Hardlight Shield is deceiving, in that it doesn't protect against splatter damage. Regen Field could technically be used to deflect objects if timed correctly
  • In the original version, the Garbage Man was allowed to enter, because he only has one life. Can you implement that somehow?

I originally had it so the Garbage Man could go down but what ended up happening was that when he died, the game wouldn't end. So I had to add a teleporter so he wouldn't die and the game could keep going
Banshees and Mantises were last result, I ran out of money and out of items that Halo 4 would let me move with a Mantis/Gravity Hammer
What do you mean by narrowing the topside?

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
What do you mean by narrowing the topside?

You can see that, while the loading dock for the items is wide, it narrows down into a smaller square at the bottom. From there you have a much more narrow tunnel, which lower the height a little and also shinks the width considerably.

FUNAKI1

Proficient
Jul 6, 2013

You can see that, while the loading dock for the items is wide, it narrows down into a smaller square at the bottom. From there you have a much more narrow tunnel, which lower the height a little and also shinks the width considerably.

Oh I understand now, I remade the map twice and I feel like it's complete the way it is. I will try to do another one but more of a Halo 3 feel.

FUNAKI1

Proficient
Jul 6, 2013
I'm currently making another version of Trash Compactor, I took all the help from people under consideration and I felt like I completed the style the way it was in Halo 3. I hope to release the new version this week.

Reactions: RogerDodger

FUNAKI1

Proficient
Jul 6, 2013
I just finished making another version of Trash Compactor, I hope to upload it tonight but I need some people to test it out first before I make the decision to do so.

FUNAKI1

Proficient
Jul 6, 2013
Updated the whole entire map. I remade the whole map from scratch and it's a better gameplay. Give it a download.