Map Preview Trajectory Range III

Indie Anthias

Master
Jan 14, 2013
This is a mini-game and it is in need of some testing.

There are a number of variables that I want to optimize for fun, and for this I need some feedback from anyone who has an experience on this map. If you want an opportunity to get a feel for it you can sign up
>> here <<,
and you can post your thoughts in this thread afterward.

IN a nutshell, everyone has sniper rifles. One team is on the ground, the other team is flying overhead, and both teams attempt to pick each other off.

There are 2 gametypes that work similarly, one is CTF-based, the other is Flood-based.

The variables that need tweaking, and that I need opinions about are:
-the speed of the flying players
-the duration and arc of the flight path
-distance of the flight path from the ground

I want to maximize these to balance difficulty between teams on the ground and teams in the air for flood and CTF games. I want landing a snipe to be difficult but not too much so for either team.

You can't tell much by the pictures yet, but here are some anyway:
tr3c_zps96bd223d.png

tr3a_zps10f0e78c.png

More information about the history of this minigame can be found here and here.

Thanks and hope to see you in the testing lobby!

Indie Anthias

Master
Jan 14, 2013
You can get a chance, just join the lobby linked in the OP ;)

It is decidedly an asymetrical game, based off of 1-Flag, so a little imbalance should be alright. I made this game in Halo 3 and Reach using Assault. The H3 version was tons of fun, very well balanced. The Reach version suffered because I came to realize that it was to difficult to score on offense due to variables that changed like speed and trajectory of the flying players. So I know that if I get it right through testing it can be done.

I'm trying out Infection for the first time on this game and that needs to be balanced too because the alpha zombie will have his work cut out for him scoring that first shot from the air. I'm thinking about making some sort of camo trait zone for the first quarter of the flight path or so, so that he has a chance to get aim before all the humans are zeroed on him.