Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Titan
Created By: Hahka and SpinCycle014
Gamertags: Hahkarazy and TheAlm0ndKiller
Map2_zpsd8d0ebdb.jpg
Walkthrough of v1:​
1v1 Gameplay of v2:​
A thousand thanks to a Chunk for the videos.
Backstory
Titan started off as a direct remake of Aerowalk on Impact. After various reforges and a move to Ravine, I showed a draft version to Hahka, who liked it and thought it had potential in Halo. The result was a coforge.
After some 2v2 and 4v4 testing, we realized that Aerowalk as it was wouldn't work in Halo. Too many teleporters disoriented players, the lack of hard routes to the top encouraged camping, and the weapon locations on Aerowalk exacerbated the camping. 4v4s were also very hectic; too hectic for our tastes.
We decided to focus in on 2v2 gametypes, tweaking the weapon layout and replacing teleporters with hard routes and lifts. Titan was born.
Titan is a 2v2 asymmetrical single-atrium map with a heavy focus on top control. However, with no power weapons spawning up top, players are forced to move around the map. There are long lines of sight for good sniping angles and also short lines of sight and cut-off areas for closer interactions. Our goal with Titan was to convey a sense of environment; that there is more behind it than tiled Forge objects..
Supported Gametypes:
2v2 (Slayer, Oddball, Extraction [currently borked, will fix soon] and KoTH)
FFA (Slayer, Oddball and KoTH for up to 6 players)
1v1
Your best bet is to go with 2v2 or FFA Slayer.
Weapons and Timers:
Overshield (Ordnance Drop) - 120s
Sniper (Ordnance Drop) - 150s
Energy Sword - 90s
DMR - 60s
Light Rifle - 60s
BR x2 - 30s
Needler - 60s
Plasma Pistol - 60s
Frags x4 - 30s
Plasmas x2 - 30s
Pulse Nades x2 - 30s
Additional Screenshots:
Map4_zps1e2a74e7.jpg
Map3_zps7afca766.jpg
Map1_zpsad8e5091.jpg

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
Well you've succeeded at said goal! The map is organized in such a way that the lighting alone creates the sense that this forge organically extends from Ravine itself. That was definitely a smart move from Impact, and the greens strongly assist. You've gone the way of Frank L. Wright, and it's terrific

Reactions: SpinCycle014

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Thanks man.
V2 is out. A new ramp was added from overshield to blue street to give players at top mid alternative routes.. Download link has been updated.

Just did a forge through.The map looks amazing. I am very impressed. Your picture while good, do not do the map justice in the slightest. Keep up the good work and let me know when its done and ready for play.
Chickta the piece is a landing pad's bottom

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
@Chicktapus and Sinogard: Yup, that's a landing pad. If you think you've seen it on floors, you're probably thinking of upside down tower 3 stories. The textures are pretty much exactly the same, but the landing pad has annoying bumps on the bottom when you walk on it.

Sinogard You can definitely playtest it now. I'm constantly updating as a result of everyone's feedback :) I'll definitely let you know when I'm satisfied enough to release it :p

Speaking of which, a link to Titan v3 has been added to the OP.

Changelist:
New route from blue street to top overshield lift
Plasma pistol moved to plasma nades (overshield destroyer kit, lol) and some other minor tweaks to weapon setup
Additions and tweaks to spawns to make them safer
Some more geometry changes for cleanliness' sake
Titan v2 gameplay videos added to OP (2v2 + 1v1 Slayer)

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
has this been updated at all? I saw a note for fixes I'm just curious.

Yes sir. I've updated it a few times recently, although I haven't updated the threads or download links on each site because I intend to post a release thread very soon.

Pretty much everything has been solidified in this build except for the weapon placement, which may yet get adjusted slightly. I recommend 2v2 1-Plot Extraction and 2v2 Slayer. I recommend this extraction gametype.