Map Preview The Walking Dead Prison

What do you think of the Prison replica?

• Terrible, there's literally nothing I like about this.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good, reasonably accurate, nice effort.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Great! Fairly accurate, strong effort, I like most of this replica.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
Yes, I've done it.

Using stills from the premiere of Walking Dead's third season, I drew up blueprints to develop an accurate replica of our protagonist's current home, recently invaded by the Governor. Sadly, as there is no forge world in Halo 4, I had to create all the groundwork myself in lack of space and thus unable to create the entire field in front of the prison, or the roads that lead up to the main areas, but I have crafted Cell Block C's entire interior, and familiar areas from the premiere of season 3.

Let's take a look. Please excuse the poor quality of the images while I do not own a capture card. Although no one had anything to say about "Fringe", I look forward to any feedback on my replica.

IMG_1507.JPG

At left we have a guard tower, shown below:

IMG_1508.JPG

Fully accessible with a heavy grav lift at its base, sniper initial drop at the top.

IMG_1514.JPG

Here you can see the basketball courts, and the scale of the front area outside C Block. Maggie throws an ecstatic smile when she kills a zombie with a shield at the area past the top left of this image. Let's look at that.

IMG_1510.JPG

Ah yes, neutral Rocket Launcher at center should encourage some people into this huge empty field. Let's head forward past this area.

IMG_1511.JPG

Those two crates at left hardly substitute for a trash can, but it'll do. You turn right, and there's another area that Rick locks up in the 3's premiere. Here it is:

IMG_1512.JPG

There it is. Base Shields sub for fences here, since two melees and they go down, seems fair. Keep in mind, all of this would look more sleek if I had a capture card. A lot of hard work went into giving this prison its due justice. See what I did there? Never mind me. Let's go back to C Block.

IMG_1509.JPG

Again, proportionately accurate. Doesn't say much for my originality, but says plenty for how much I love this show. Heading inside...

IMG_1516.JPG

There should be two tables at the center of this room, but I thought it's already cramped enough. This is where Rick checks the gear from those pesky Walkers with Armor. At left is the guard tower, where the guy watching the tvs blew his own head off. Here:

IMG_1517.JPG

And finally! The cells, themselves:

IMG_1515.JPG

Those base shields at right produce a dim glow, suggesting windows. There are exactly five, as in the show. There's nothing in the cells. Is there?

So! That concludes my tour of the Walking Dead Prison, arduously studied and reproduced here in Halo 4. What do you think, everyone? You're a tough crowd, hope you enjoy. This is a large map, designed for FFA and 4 x 4 (or possibly BTB) slayer, and I will be submitting it to THFEpidemic's contest, deadline next week. So any feedback is great!

...But I wouldn't mind a compliment. Or two, for effort alone. Be gentle.

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
Thanks, Evergreen! What a relief. I worked hard to please fellow fans of the show like you, most.

**For anyone else taking a look at the map, I enjoy making replicas right out of the movies--any suggestions? I'm working on an Aliens map soon. Would love to hear some movies you think would be grand to traverse in Halo 4.