Gaming The Overwatch Thread

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
overwatch-logo-isolation.png
I didn't learn much about Overwatch until fairly recently; I avoided the hype train entirely. But, when I heard virtually all of my co-workers obsessing over it, I knew I had to check it out. I find the game incredibly refreshing with the emphasis on teamplay and the wide variety of playstyles it caters to. The art is simple and inviting, the characters are unique and interesting, and the fact that the game doesn't take itself too seriously is a nice change of pace. I also find that the way the map designs create chokepoints results in a wonderful pace of play; I get the sense that I'm taking part in a massive battles despite the game's player count being a modest 12.

So, who else plays it? Which platform do you play on? Which heroes are your favorite? What do you think of the game in general? See any absurd plays of the game recently?

I play on PC with friends from work in addition to ye olde MockKnizzle and some of his Bungie bros (and AnonFriction, despite his scrub status being the stuff of legends). So far, I'm quite partial to D.va. I'm making an effort to learn Pharah, Mercy, and Widowmaker as well. I'd like to try out Reinhardt and Symmetra eventually, too.