The Official Guitar Thread!

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Hey guys, i know we have a "music" thread, but how about a thread specifically for those of us who are guitarists? I suppose the discussion could extend to other instruments as well, but let's try to keep it centered around guitars and bass guitars for now at least.

I started playing around a year and a half ago when I started college. I have a Schecter Omen-6 and a Vox modeling amp. I have several friends who play, but only ever really jam with one of them. i'd say i'm pretty good with riffs, but I struggle with soloing. I generally play stuff with distortion, so sometimes switching to more acoustic-styled stuff can be a challenge for me as well. I intend to buy a Music man JP 7-string at some point in the future once I've saved up for it.

My guitar:
052.JPG

What do you guys play?

Reactions: A J YUSI

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Ibanez RG120
RG120_BK.jpg

Obviously that's not mine, mine is wayyyy more beat up...currently no pictures because it's not with me :(. Custom tuners, custom pickups (some real nice METULLL pickups), and custom neck shaved back to feel like a Strat. I play mostly prog-metal (Tool, namely) and classic/psychedelic rock (Pink Floyd, The Beatles, etc)

Hey guys, i know we have a "music" thread, but how about a thread specifically for those of us who are guitarists? I suppose the discussion could extend to other instruments as well, but let's try to keep it centered around guitars and bass guitars for now at least.

I started playing around a year and a half ago when I started college. I have a Schecter Omen-6 and a Vox modeling amp. I have several friends who play, but only ever really jam with one of them. i'd say i'm pretty good with riffs, but I struggle with soloing. I generally play stuff with distortion, so sometimes switching to more acoustic-styled stuff can be a challenge for me as well. I intend to buy a Music man JP 7-string at some point in the future once I've saved up for it.

My guitar:
View attachment 4005

Notable songs I have learned:
  • Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
  • Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (sans solo)
  • Black Sabbath - Iron Man (riffs only)
  • AC/DC - Highway to Hell (sans solo)
  • Rush - Limelight (sans solo)
  • Rush - The Garden
  • Muse - Hysteria
  • Muse - Plug in Baby
  • Muse - New Born
  • Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile (solo only)
  • Muse - Knights of Cydonia
  • Muse - Stockholm Syndrome
  • Linkin Park - A Place for my Head
  • Linkin Park - No More Sorrow
  • Muse - Survival
  • Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive (sans solo)
  • Dream Theater - The Root of all Evil (working on solo)
  • Metallica - Wherever I may Roam (sans solos)
  • System of a Down - Holy Mountains
I think those are all of the noteworthy ones. What do you guys play?
what skill level are you at?

My guitar:
View attachment 4005

Notable songs I have learned:
  • Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
  • Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (sans solo)
  • Black Sabbath - Iron Man (riffs only)
  • AC/DC - Highway to Hell (sans solo)
  • Rush - Limelight (sans solo)
  • Rush - The Garden
  • Muse - Hysteria
  • Muse - Plug in Baby
  • Muse - New Born
  • Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile (solo only)
  • Muse - Knights of Cydonia
  • Muse - Stockholm Syndrome
  • Linkin Park - A Place for my Head
  • Linkin Park - No More Sorrow
  • Muse - Survival
  • Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive (sans solo)
  • Dream Theater - The Root of all Evil (working on solo)
  • Metallica - Wherever I may Roam (sans solos)
  • System of a Down - Holy Mountains
I think those are all of the noteworthy ones. What do you guys play?
what is the most difficult song you've learned?