The new halo customs~

Keep gold host gradients or get rid of them or keep them with the recommended lobbies still.

• You want to keep gold host gradient and go all the way back to how the old way was.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • You want to keep the way it is now. Recommended lobbies for newer players.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keep recommended lobbies for the newer players who put their heart into it and keep the gold gradien

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swash

Master
May 24, 2013
The vote~

Hello everyone many players have been complaining about the newest halo customs and how the newest players get recommended lobbies and how many gold host are sad that their gradient disappeared and now they get little trophy points for being a gold host.

If many of you know, a lot of players freaked out after all the gold host lobbies disappeared and many recommended lobbies started appearing. Some people threatened to quit and a lot of people aren't saying how they truly feel about it. A lot of people complain on xbox live and everything so here is an anonymous thread where you can voice your opinion! Every-ones vote counts! This vote isn't official but it is an opinion.

As for me I made this for everyone I don't really mind I'm going to host like I always do but I will vote for what I feel is right. This vote will go on for 2 weeks.

Jorriley, SOLIDSNAKEee, iSpiteful, Professor Pool Charles Stoot

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
My opinion is some lobbies or hosts have a following which leads to some other lobbies getting over looked and the effort they put into their threads just makes it sad. Though I do think that GH's should have recommended lobby but I understand that the staff have to go to "Recommend" these lobbies. So I'm good with the way it is now :y:.

Reactions: Fuzzle

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
The Gold Host system was broken. Those who obtained gold host got a shiny color, and there began to be a "Joining Inequality" where more and more joined the goldies, and less and less joined the new guys.

The Recommended system also has its problems. It requires the staff to simply pick and choose what they think will be a good lobby, without knowing if they are good hosts.

That being said, the recommend system still benefits more, because even if it is a new host, you get to see what that host is like, and make a decision whether you will join him again or not. It removes the unfairness of new people seeing a gold box and being "Ooooh, shiny! I want join", while not completely taking away from the attention of other hosts. The recommend system gives that new guy a chance, where as before people would make one lobby, not get and RSVPs, and quit the site.

Reactions: Fuzzle

Swash

Master
May 24, 2013
Tomtris I know why it was done and what caused the inequality. I just wanted to make this to see what the actual community wanted because of how people don't voice their opinions a lot. So I made it anonymous because a lot of people complained about different things. No poll was made so I actually made one for people to voice their opinions anonymously. A lot of other players asked me to make one also so as you can see here it is! :D

Reactions: Professor Pool

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Tomtris I know why it was done and what caused the inequality. I just wanted to make this to see what the actual community wanted because of how people don't voice their opinions a lot. So I made it anonymous because a lot of people complained about different things. No poll was made so I actually made one for people to voice their opinions anonymously. A lot of other players asked me to make one also so as you can see here it is! :D

Well... its great to have a community vote and all that... but its not really the community's decision. Yes, the gold hosts and there followers will want the gold host system, but the recommended system is a step in the right direction for customs. While many users may disagree with it, it is ultimately for the best. Many users (Including me) disagreed with the removal of "Maybe" in customs, yet it ultimately served for a greater purpose.

Jorriley

Expert
Mar 30, 2013
All this system does is take the glory from gold hosts and give it to Someone else making bieng a gold host seem unimportant

Swash

Master
May 24, 2013
All this system does is take the glory from gold hosts and give it to Someone else making bieng a gold host seem unimportant

No use in arguing in this thread~ Though I know you very well and we are friends and I may or may not agree with you, this thread is for anonymous votes from the community including myself. Arguing in here will get you no where.

Feb 17, 2013
Ohio, United States
No use in arguing in this thread~ Though I know you very well and we are friends and I may or may not agree with you, this thread is for anonymous votes from the community including myself. Arguing in here will get you no where.
I've been working pretty damn hard to get gold host, and I'm only half way there! I understand that it's difficult to get a following, and for the most part, I had that problem too. However once you start getting friends, and joining other people's lobby, you start getting people to join you easily. My point is it takes time for one to get many ratings, and the recommended title is fine, but I think one should receive some type of acknowledgement for getting gold host. Even if its something small like a golden name or avatar outline. Hell, it could be a small golden circle. I just think someone deserves some type of reward for reaching such an achievement, not just some trophy points that nobody really notices. Also, I don't quite understand how the recommended lobby system works. It seems broken to me. Mods take a lucky guess on whose lobby looks nice, as long as they aren't gold host? Hell, why haven't I gotten recommended? Anyways, sorry about my ranting....

Reactions: swash983

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland

Hosting customs shouldn't be about being a glory whore ( hey that rhymed! ) it should be about enjoying what content the community makes and playing with other members of the community , it should have nothing to do with a freaking custom title or some gold out line.

I've been working pretty damn hard to get gold host, and I'm only half way there! I understand that it's difficult to get a following, and for the most part, I had that problem too. However once you start getting friends, and joining other people's lobby, you start getting people to join you easily. My point is it takes time for one to get many ratings, and the recommended title is fine, but I think one should receive some type of acknowledgement for getting gold host. Even if its something small like a golden name or avatar outline. Hell, it could be a small golden circle. I just think someone deserves some type of reward for reaching such an achievement, not just some trophy points that nobody really notices. Also, I don't quite understand how the recommended lobby system works. It seems broken to me. Mods take a lucky guess on whose lobby looks nice, as long as they aren't gold host? Hell, why haven't I gotten recommended? Anyways, sorry about my ranting....

Read above. I was hosting customs before Halocustoms was even a thing , if you're going to host then host because you enjoy it and not for some freaking gold outline. Granted people have worked hard to gather an welcome amount of followers but when that leaves another member of the site at a disadvantage ( by this I mean people looking specifically for gold host lobbies ) and these people put in as much work as a gold host and not a single person arrives , I can understand why its been changed to recommend lobbies.

There reason I'd presume you're not getting a recommend lobby is because you're known to the community and even more so to the POSL lobby hosts.

Now just a general opinion on this. I find gold hosts to be silly and yes people that have dedicated alot of time to getting there deserve some form of recognition but I've always found that playing customs was about having fun and laughs with friends and not about a rating system that is still under construction. Its silly the way people are over reacting about this really..

i also think that if the gold gradien wasn't taken off, it would make it difficult for HC members who are trying to get RSVPs and become gold host, but the gold gradien is good for advertising to HC members that want to play with a great host, there is good and bad sides to having the gold gradien, as well as vice versa