Halo The Halo books and shows to the Halo games

Should some things from the Halo Movies/Books be included in the Halo video games?

• Maybe the shows/books should be more like the games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ya don't really care? Click here

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have read a couple of the Halo books and have watched the halo series Halo Legends as well as the Forward Unto Dawn series and I always wonder why can't they make the Spartans in the games like the Spartans in the shows/books?

The Spartans in the shows and books sound like they can do a lot more such as being able to run extremely fast (seen toward the end of the Halo Legends), be able to use Jackal shields (in the books but I forget which one it was), be able to lead other Spartans (such as Master Chief in the first book when he was younger and actually be able to do commands and stuff), being able to do duel wield more than one gun (I know Halo 3, but seriously why did they get rid of that!), being able to do insane backflips and disarms (which I've only seen really happen in Halo Wars... during a cutscene: a.k.a. Monsters cutscene).

There is a couple more things that I have also seen in the shows/books that I never see in the games, but can't quite remember all of them because I haven't re-watched/ reread any of the books.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
If things were like the books we would all throw our controllers at our TV's and destroy the immediate area around us. To be blunt it would be too bloody difficult for us to survive.

More over the mechanics to implement all those different options could easily overwhelm and over complicate the game itself, instead taking away from it instead of improving it. Also do you really, really need to backflip? Your in first person so really you don't get anything out of a backflip as it just rotates the screen (could cause major orientation issues). Dual wielding weapons is kind of blah to me but no real reason to argue about it. While it is possible it really isn't practical unless your talking pistols.

The chief is a solo character. They designed the games around him doing things by himself instead of part of a team. So why put in a squad mechanic? What all would the squad mechanic entail? How many members would be in it, what could they do... all those things have to be considered and to be honest once it is all said an done I can be making a safe bet on the outcome of this being implemented: "IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE HALO ANYMORE SO I AM GOING TO BITCH ABOUT IT SOME MORE!!!!!"

Anyways I just don't see a reason to overcomplicate Halo by adding in features from the books/videos.