Map Preview The Gold Map Pack - Adamant

Welcome Everyone to our second to last preview for the Gold Map Pack. So far we have seen some great maps that will be debuting this Friday! The event will be live streamed along with many of my older maps and community made maps. So tune in here! If you want to sign up for the event and ensure your place click here. But enough of that we are here to talk about a map in the gold map pack, hence the big picture at the top. This map is called Adamant.

History

So Adamant was preplanned map that I showed off as an example in my forge process thread. initially referred to as build 10, this map grew quickly, barely deviating from the original design. The map barely fit. Barely. The map budget is at 10000 and the object limit hit. But that was only hit after I had finished everything. The rest of the budget was spent on some items to spice it up and to correct some small and minor issues, ie 1 flag, that’s right. This map supports 1 flag. I kind of forgot to mention that in the video I believe. Anyway the map was a fantastic example of what one can accomplish when one plan’s out a map and builds it. The object use somewhat inspired by Avalon, the first map I introduced, this map is ready to be played and played hard.

Description

So by now you are wondering what the map looks like. Well maybe you aren’t. I have the video up above as well as pictures below. Any of those could have told you what I’m going to now. The map is centered around a Large Building offering many paths. Someone get the jump on you? Not to worry 50% of the time there will be an opportunity for skilled players to pull off a comeback. This map rewards you for skill with skill jumps, corners, and drops, all of which you can use to your advantage. Now I mention corners but that does not mean camping. The map is designed to have you move constantly so that you retain the upper hand. So stay in one place for too long and your enemies will flank and destroy you. Sound dangerous enough for you?

Map Name: Adamant
Description: This facility stands tall against all odds giving it the nickname of Adamant. Will you emulate it?

Supported Game Types: One Flag, Infinity Slayer, Regicide, Flood, King of the Hill, Oddball, Extraction
Best Game Type: King of the Hill, Extraction

Supported Lobby Size: 10-16 Players (2 Teams) 6-10 Players (FFA)
Supported Teams: Red and Blue, 3 and 4

Split Screen Friendly: yes

Pictures

Thanks for reading,

S.N.