Tech support

This thread is for the people like me who want to get into youtube more, and learn more about technology with gaming in general.
So here are somethings to start it off that I(and others I think) would want to know:

- How to take clear pictures from in game
-How to use a capture card
-What capture cards should I buy?
-Gaming channel ideas
-Editing and video creation

If any one would want to post some things to help me and other people out that would be great!

Reactions: NinetysBorn

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
- How to take clear pictures from in game
Halo: Take a screenshot. Go on to HaloWaypoint.com. Go to your fileshare/pictures. Download picture to your computer. Ta Da.
Other Games: Record with an HD PVR. Freeze video. Take screenshot.

- What capture cards should I buy?
http://goo.gl/YnjNI

- Gaming channel ideas
Provide your viewers with everything they can find on other gaming channels. Then, include one new thing that will entertain, surprise, and make you unique/better/stand out towards all other channels.

- Editing and video creation
I prefer using Sony Vegas Pro, Audicity, and Windows Movie Maker for any and all editing.

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
The best editing programs are Vegas Pro for Windows and Premiere Pro for Mac. There are many tutorials all over the internet for how to use them and once you get the feel for them, they ain't that hard to use. If you can't afford either of these, and are fine with slightly lower quality videos, Movie Maker and iMovie do the job, but are usually harder to use if your aiming for special effects, layers upon layers of audio/video etc.

Reactions: NinetysBorn

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Adobe After Effects works for many people, too. Make sure you have the latest version of whatever software you are using, in case you would like to use newer versions of plugins (i.e. Twixtor, Magic Bullet Looks, Reel Smart Motion Blur, etc.)

Alternatives to the Elgato include the Happauge HD PVR 2, and the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. Directions for each capture card are included with your item.

Reactions: evergreen948