Halo Suppressor Help

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
Does anybody have tips on how to use the suppressor in the most effective way possible. I haven't really used this gun very much due to a preference to others, but with its placement in round 2 of the 1v1 tournament, I feel like it could be a valuable weapon. Any help or links to videos would be greatly appreciated.

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
-Use it only in close range. Anything further and the gun requires so much pacing that you'd just be better off with your primary rifle.
-Don't spam unless you're really close (like sword range close) - the bloom is massive.
-If you're really close, you can try to load a few bullets into an enemy to get their shields low enough for a single melee to kill them.

There's not much else. The gun has very little use outside of short range. If your enemy has it, try to catch them with it out at medium range and unload a few shots from your rifle into them before they can do anything.

Reactions: PandaMan

EagleTitan99

Qualified
Jul 28, 2013
Since it's only really effective at a close range, I would suggest using it with Thruster Pack if you can. If not, depending on the map, have it ready to use inside a building or a really small area, otherwise don't bother with it.

Z3MAST3R

Flaming Ninja
Jan 21, 2013
United Kingdom
www.twitch.tv
This is what I would suggest as a load-out with the suppressor as you already know that it should be used close quarters. Just my opinion though. ;)
Primary Weapon: Suppressor
Secondary: Magnum
Grenades: Any - Use them to soften the enemy before moving in with the suppressor.
Armour Ability: Any from-Hard-light Shield: for protecting yourself from long range fire.
-Regeneration field: For recharging health (you will get pummelled a lot at such close range)
-Thruster Pack: For quick escape
Tactical Package: Grenadier- Gives you more grenades to take away more of your opponents shield.
Support Upgrade: Explosives - Takes more health from your opponent.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
One thing many people overlook about the Supp (and the Storm Rifle, but not as much) is that it's a projectile weapon. The Hardlight rounds do take some time to reach the enemy, and especially if the enemy is moving, you'll want to lead your shots.

Cap2llo

Expert
Apr 20, 2013
Does anybody have tips on how to use the suppressor in the most effective way possible. I haven't really used this gun very much due to a preference to others, but with its placement in round 2 of the 1v1 tournament, I feel like it could be a valuable weapon. Any help or links to videos would be greatly appreciated.

The Suppressor behaves like the SMG from Halo 2 and 3 (if anybody remembers back that far). For maximum damage fire it in short controlled bursts in order to kill your opponent. Another note: do not try and use this weapon at long range, only use it at short to medium range. I hope this helps you :)