Map Preview Squared

corkystnr

Novice
Apr 1, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I've been holding onto this one for a little while. Squared is compatible with all slayer gametypes.

xbYlGUm.jpg

The map consists of 4 walls, each 5 rows high and 6 columns wide, arranged in a square. Each of the 1x1 blocks that serve as platforms are equidistant from each other all the way around the cube.

Pw4KxRi.jpg

As pictured, players can spawn on any one of these platforms initially, and at any point during the game. Even at a maxiumum capacity of 16 players, there are an overwhelming amount of places to spawn. And most of the platforms are immediately visible from any given spot on the cube. This is a particularly good map variant for long and medium range practice with a variety of weapons. In fact, each platform comes with a weapon when you spawn, and these weapons are set to respawn almost instantly to keep the game going.

ibknscX.jpg

The following is a legend for weapon placement on one of the sides of the cube.

SPL----BMR----BNR----SPL----SNR----BNR

SNR----MID----RCL----INC----MID----SNR

RCL----MID----CCR----SCD----MID----RCL

SPL----MID----RCL----FRC----MID----SPL

BNR----SNR----SPL----BNR----BMR----SPL

SPL=Spartan Laser , BMR=Beam Rifle , BNR=Binary Rifle , SNR=Sniper Rifle , MID=Mid Range , RCL=Rocket Launcher , INC=Incineration Cannon , CCR=Concussion Rifle , SCD=Sticky Detonator , FRC=Fuel Rod Cannon

There are an assortment of long distance and middle distance weapons starting outward and moving inward, with an emphasis on power towards the middle of the wall.

And, finally, the glue that holds it all together. Four trait zones identical in shape and size covering each side of the cube, with the relevant movement settings set to 0. You and your teammates can rotate 360 degrees with your selected weapon, but you are pegged to your initial and respawn points. How long can you hold your spot?

uODx7Xo.jpg

Reflexes are desirable, accuracy necessary.

Reactions: evergreen948

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
You don't need to have initial spawns. Regular spawn points can also spawn players at the beginning of the game if there are no initials, or if all the others are already spawning someone else. I almost never use initial spawn points in my maps.