spartan ops or fire fight

which do you want most in halo 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corduroyCHUCK

Master
Dec 28, 2012
Michigan
i don't know what it is, i know theyre trying and everything to add more value to the game, but spartan ops and firefight both failed to grab my attention. I don't know if it's because of the lag that has plagued both with online co-op, or if it's because theyre both boring when the novelty wears off, but i do know neither have really stuck for me.

I do encourage them to keep trying though, i'd love to see some elite ops, just because i really care about that aspect of the halo story. that's a badass idea.
give me a mission of Grunt Ops and i'm so there.

Jan 30, 2013
U.S. Missouri
i don't know what it is, i know theyre trying and everything to add more value to the game, but spartan ops and firefight both failed to grab my attention. I don't know if it's because of the lag that has plagued both with online co-op, or if it's because theyre both boring when the novelty wears off, but i do know neither have really stuck for me.

I do encourage them to keep trying though, i'd love to see some elite ops, just because i really care about that aspect of the halo story. that's a badass idea.
give me a mission of Grunt Ops and i'm so there.
not sure if they could pull off grunt ops but thanks for saying you like my elite ops idea

MC Stargate

Novice
Feb 1, 2013
Dallas, Texas
I do like the idea of bringing Elites back as playable. (I miss Invasion!) But I understood why they took them out, it didn't fit into the Infinity story. I was mad when I heard they were taking firefight out of Halo. But now that I've played Spartan ops I'm very glad for the change. Yeah the replay value isn't that great. but neither was Firefight's. I hope they can bring ODST's back into the game somehow. but with how they set up the multiplayer story it isn't very likely. ( but I do love they made a story for it)

Dividing MDH

Adept
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
I do like the idea of bringing Elites back as playable. (I miss Invasion!) But I understood why they took them out, it didn't fit into the Infinity story. I was mad when I heard they were taking firefight out of Halo. But now that I've played Spartan ops I'm very glad for the change. Yeah the replay value isn't that great. but neither was Firefight's. I hope they can bring ODST's back into the game somehow. but with how they set up the multiplayer story it isn't very likely. ( but I do love they made a story for it)

What I don't get is why they didn't have both, firefight and spartan ops. It was obvious that halo 4 was good, but unfinished, they had to take out a lot of game types and the file share didn't work (that was bloody annoying btw). However, what I want is to go back to halo 2s roots and have playable elites in the campaign, so you kill marines e.t.c, as well as being able to have an elite ops running alongside the spartan ops, and elites would be in multiplayer. I prefer spartan ops with the cinematics, story and a continuation to the main story. It's really firefight 2.0 but I still think that firefight should have been included.

Jan 30, 2013
U.S. Missouri
What I don't get is why they didn't have both, firefight and spartan ops. It was obvious that halo 4 was good, but unfinished, they had to take out a lot of game types and the file share didn't work (that was bloody annoying btw). However, what I want is to go back to halo 2s roots and have playable elites in the campaign, so you kill marines e.t.c, as well as being able to have an elite ops running alongside the spartan ops, and elites would be in multiplayer. I prefer spartan ops with the cinematics, story and a continuation to the main story. It's really firefight 2.0 but I still think that firefight should have been included.
hell yeah man I want halo 2 elite and human campaign back and invasion and spartan/elite ops.

Feb 12, 2013
Dark Void
Dude what about a halo wars like theme, except your first person, and the Console gives you your objectives on large open maps, Two or more into the eqasion would be dominant to the point. Pretty much like dominion, Firefight, and Invasion put into one game.

PacMonster1

Proficient
Mar 6, 2013
philly
I'd choose both. Both modes add something unique that I'd like to see return. Firefight is your classic, "I just want to get some mindless killing done" while Spartan Ops offers some excellent story. What I hope they improve upon for any future Spartan Ops like mode is to make the actual gameplay reflect the story better. Killing thousands of enemies while barely feeling like a part of the CGI scene is aggravating.