Short Circuit 2.0

Core Short Circuit 2.0

Chronmeister

Expert
May 28, 2013
Short Circuit (version 2014-12-02) - Slayer, CTF, KOTH 2-8 Players

Short Circuit is a small arena style Slayer map with added CTF and KOTH gametypes. The map is still in the testing phase, but I think it will make for decent competitive matches. I recommend 2v2, but there should be enough cover to allow for up to 8 players.

Weapons on Map (no clip)
  • Sniper Rifle x2 90s
  • Shotgun 90s
  • Assault Rifle x2 30s
  • Plasma Pistol x2 30s
  • Brute Plasma Rifle 30s
  • Covenant Carbine 30s
  • Frag Grenades
Powerups
  • Overshield 90s

Read more about this map...

Mental

Proficient
Nov 9, 2014
This looks to be a really nice map. The layout seems interesting with a good variety of elevations and the center dish. Also the little details and aesthetics like the glass boxes for the lights is really cool.

I sent you a friend request so we can play some customs.

Chronmeister

Expert
May 28, 2013
This looks to be a really nice map. The layout seems interesting with a good variety of elevations and the center dish. Also the little details and aesthetics like the glass boxes for the lights is really cool.

I sent you a friend request so we can play some customs.
Sweet. Hope to get some games in with you soon. I had to remove the lights for frame rate but the performance is much better now. I also added one clip to all weapons but shotgun, moved spawns back and fixed the coloring a bit.

12/6/14More changes have been made and frames are real good now. Only visual changes made are blocks instead of brace larges on the bigger side of the triangular columns and walls at yellow are now a central wall coliseum and blocks on either side following same angles originally put down by the bottom of the buildings. Brute shot replaced shotgun between red and blue and yellow has active camo.

Last edited:

Kurismic

Qualified
Dec 6, 2014
Wow. Thanks a lot man. That is really cool of you. I don't have the equipment needed for doing something like this so this really helps me out. I'll have to add you tomorrow when I get on.
I'm just glad you like it! Yeah, I was an avid forger back in the day and am loving H2A. I would have a lot more videos, but its finals month for me :|. I would really appreciate it if you could link the video in your map description, but it is by no means necessary, like at all! I'm just starting out doing these quick 1.5 minute videos, but plan to move onto much bigger things. Your support really means a lot to me, thank you!

Chronmeister

Expert
May 28, 2013
Love the video. Short and to the point pathing and overview is much better than a 5 minute gameplay video in my opinion. I embedded the video and will in my other posts as well. I think the structure of the map has been fine tuned enough and am only thinking any future changes will be to spawning or weapons. So glad you got the most current version in the video. I updated the map like 5 times this morning trying to cover up small sections under the map and you seem to have the most recent save here.

Kurismic

Qualified
Dec 6, 2014
Love the video. Short and to the point pathing and overview is much better than a 5 minute gameplay video in my opinion. I embedded the video and will in my other posts as well. I think the structure of the map has been fine tuned enough and am only thinking any future changes will be to spawning or weapons. So glad you got the most current version in the video. I updated the map like 5 times this morning trying to cover up small sections under the map and you seem to have the most recent save here.
The bold is exactly my thought process, and for those who want more info its there in the description. Just sit back, watch a 2 minute video and hear some chill tunes. Thank you for embedding, and its nice to receive feedback :). I recently posted my map Zephyr on here, just need to playtest it.

Apr 27, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Wow I actually really like the layout and geometry of this, especially the spiral stairwells. That saying above 90 degree angle corners can be a little frustrating, but considering you have no shotgun or sword on the map I think it would be a-okay.

Chronmeister

Expert
May 28, 2013
Wow I actually really like the layout and geometry of this, especially the spiral stairwells. That saying above 90 degree angle corners can be a little frustrating, but considering you have no shotgun or sword on the map I think it would be a-okay.
The spiral staircases, as they are now called, are probably my favorite area of the map. You can nade bounce up them and usually hit the person defending in the face. On the defenders end, it is a good tactic to just jump off and sneak up behind. I'm glad you like the map and hope to get in some customs with you soon.

Chronmeister

Expert
May 28, 2013
Chronmeister updated Short Circuit 1.0 with a new update entry:

Short Circuit 2.0

Sniper rifle x2 90s no clip
Brute shot 90s 2 clips
Suppressed SMG 60s 1 clip
Speed Boost 90s
OS 90s

CTF, KOTH, Slayer

Short%20Circuit1_zpsbwigxtzb.png