[Sep 29, 2013] Official [POSL Staff] Vs Community 100th Lobby (Charles Stoot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
[POSL STAFF] VS. COMMUNITY EVENT
Want to play?
1. RSVP to the event
2. Reply on this post "RSVPd" with your Gamertag
3. Read the rest of the stuff below.

Attendance
We, the five POSL Staff, will be playing five community members in each "session". There will be multiple sessions in this event. If you receive an invite from the following Gamertags, then accept it!
oOZeroFlameOo
Charles Stoot
Professor Pool
IR3C0N ST34LTH
1. Based on who replies first to the thread, they will be invited to join. If they are offline or do not respond within a reasonable amount of time, the next person down will be invited, and so on, until the lobby is full.
2. When the session has ended, the five community members will be removed, and the next five on the list will be asked to join like above. In this way, everyone gets a pretty fair chance of joining.
3. If there are not enough new community members to sustain each session, we may roll back to the top and select those who have already played.
Therefore, stay online during the duration of the SvC Lobby if you want to play!
Procedure
Here are some basic rules that players will need to follow:
  • Being inactive for a match will get you kicked. There are are a maximum of three matches. You can go pee later.
  • Any disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Just use common sense on this one.
  • Don't ask for invites, we will invite you. If you get on our nerves, we may just ignore you.
  • Be a good sport. There is no cheating in any way on these - if you loose, you loose.
Each session is 4v4, best TWO of THREE games.
A random member of the Community gets first pick at a map in any of the three categories.
After that, POSL Staff will find one or two more maps from the other categories. Those maps which have been played already, will be crossed out when the session is over. Here is the list of maps that we may play:

Map Listing
Competitive:
Skydock – One Flag
Novus – Extraction 1-Site​
2 - CTF Classic
Crucifix – Infinity CTF​
Firebase – Conversion

Competitive Remakes:
Sword Base – Infinity Slayer​
Countdown – Infinity Slayer
Narrows – Slayer Pro
Uncaged – Team Snipers
Sanctuary – Legendary BR Slayer

Minigames
Crash up Derby (TEAMS ENABLED)
Circumvention
Ro sham Bo
Green lantern
Speed Run (TEAMS ENABLED)
Conclusion

Have any questions? Want to follow the rest of POSL's 100th Lobby Extravaganza? CLICK HERE!​

Swash

Master
May 24, 2013
Aha, I'm so happy that this has arrived. We've been planning this for a long time and It's finally here. Wow time is going by fast! I can't wait to see how much fun this is going to turn out.

Reactions: Charles Stoot

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
As Tomtris said, seeing as this isn't an event involving staff going up against the community, having the phrase "Staff vs Community" in the title is rather misleading.

Also, Omar The Spaceman is a mini-game, so I'm confused as to why it's under the "competitive" header.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
As Tomtris said, seeing as this isn't an event involving staff going up against the community, having the phrase "Staff vs Community" in the title is rather misleading.
We tried to concoct a name that would establish the process of what we were trying to do. Unfortunately, we just figured throwing "POSL Staff" would indicate Charles, Pool, Swash, IR3CON, and I. If there is an acceptable alternative we would be obliged to change the name.

Also, Omar The Spaceman is a mini-game, so I'm confused as to why it's under the "competitive" header.
Heh, you see... We're playing on a "Competitive" map. And you have to admit, Omar is pretty intense ;)

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com

What do you recomend to play it with. Seaming you are the map Creator

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
We tried to concoct a name that would establish the process of what we were trying to do. Unfortunately, we just figured throwing "POSL Staff" would indicate Charles, Pool, Swash, IR3CON, and I. If there is an acceptable alternative we would be obliged to change the name.

Heh, you see... We're playing on a "Competitive" map. And you have to admit, Omar is pretty intense ;)

Yeah, I would have thought that "POSL vs Community" would work, but whatever.

And yes, it's a competitive map, but playing non-competitive game modes on it won't make it competitive. For example, playing Infinity Slayer on Haven won't give you a competitive game. I would have recommended playing either extraction or One Flag, but it's your lobby.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Charles Stoot We should change the title as Duck directed above.
EDIT: We don't have a 1-Flag map, so if you'd like, changing Omar --> One Flag would work too.

Shoutout to all future attendees: Remember to reply below with your Gamertag after you've hit "RSVP". Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.