Competitive Ruiner

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Ruiner (version 1.0) - An asymmetrical environment pulling inspiration from Halo 3's Ghost Town

Background: The origins of this map date back to the golden days of forge in Halo: Reach. A fellow forger by the name of Erupt and I teamed up to create an asymmetrical Ghost Town-inspired map. This map, entitled Roundtown, had some cool qualities but never really got anywhere. Fast-forward to mid-March and I was looking for ideas for a new map. I decided to revisit this concept as a means of doing something fresh. As a primarily infantry-based 4v4 map, Ruiner is quite a departure...

Read more about this map...

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Awww, what happened to Green Acres? I kinda like this name though. It does suit the map quite nicely.
I wanted something unique and recognizable. Nine Inch Nails provided the perfect inspiration.
I don't see that clock tower, Duck. How are we gonna know when it's Pl0x O' Clock?
I actually was planning to incorporate the clock tower. However, that entire structure has been removed in favor of the much better platform which now occupies that space. This new structure makes much better use of the center of the map and is approachable by both teams. It'll make a big difference in Extraction too.
Overview would be cool ;)
Indeed, it will be cool when I post an overview. That'll have to wait until I get home in about a week, though.
Great first impression on this Duck, hope to get more games on this so I can see your updates. Love the "Ruiner" name...now I want to make a map so I can call it a NIN song.
The ruiner ruins everything he sees, hopefully you guys get some good games on this while I'm gone.

Reactions: WARHOLIC and Buddy