Gametype Rocket Race

TurbTastic

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
Wisconsin
Rocket Race (version 1) - Rocket Race is back. Teams of 2, Halo 3 style.

Rocket Race came out about a month ago and it's going to be in a playlist in December so I decided to put some maps together. The gametype requires teams of 2 to race towards random checkpoints on a mongoose and be the first team to reach 10. There is a version of this that works with warthogs, but I noticed some bugs and chose to focus on the mongoose version. I will be adding other maps as I come across them....

Read more about this map...

TurbTastic

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
Wisconsin
Dude do reach style next! With the rocket hogs and stuff, just replace the grenade launcher with either sticky det or plasma pistol since the grenade launcher had both effects
Like I mentioned in my post, there is an issue with the rocket hog version. If your warthog goes out of bounds in the ocean or something then the game tries to respawn you on the remains of your vehicle which is in the ocean so repeated deaths ensue. I might test it a bit more, otherwise if you can get it to work let me know. Sticky Detonator is the default secondary, and the gametype does let you adjust the weapons.

Like I mentioned in my post, there is an issue with the rocket hog version. If your warthog goes out of bounds in the ocean or something then the game tries to respawn you on the remains of your vehicle which is in the ocean so repeated deaths ensue. I might test it a bit more, otherwise if you can get it to work let me know. Sticky Detonator is the default secondary, and the gametype does let you adjust the weapons.
Alright, you could always enclose the map. I mean sure it won't look as pretty with the (incredibly, unbelievably) blue water by it but hey quality is necessary. I'll mess around with it and see if it works tomorrow.