Report for class

Like it

• Total voters

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
From the ruined remains of Europe in World War Two to the jungles of Vietnam during the Cold War era until now fighting a war against global terrorism in Afghanistan and Iraq American soldiers have been there on the front lines. They have been there as peace keepers. They have been there as liberators. They have done there jobs to protect the government and people of the United States. But at what cost? Our fathers, brothers, and sons have come home to us struggling with emotions and post traumatic stress because of the horrific scenes of the battlefield. Some have come back as amputees. Many of our soldiers will never come home at all. Are all of these casualties really necessary? The cost of war high than it has ever been. Why do we keep fighting wars we can not afford let alone win? We do not need any more war between the United States of America and other nations.

I am not being rude towards any veterans in this. It is not proof read yet. There are mistakes. I just want to know what you think about the content. Thanks

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
Well, I would've liked it if you first told us what it was about, but whatever. How many words is the minimum?

I'm guessing you're writing an essay as to why the US shouldn't go to war any more? Well, it's interesting, but I think in your first paragraph there is one thing you're missing out (Or 2) - Why are they going to war, and what do other countries think about this?

Anyways, I'll help proof read/edit some of it. Feel free to ignore it if it has to be done all by you, but if you use it as 'inspiration' of some sort that's fine as well.

Ever since America was even found, wars have been fought - Civil Wars, Revolutions, and multiple year long wars against other countries. From the ruined remains of Europe in World War Two to the jungles of Vietnam during the Cold War, and in the modern era fighting a war against global terrorism in Afghanistan and Iraq, American soldiers have been there on the front lines. They have been there as peace keepers. [Note: Consider this - Is it true?] They have been there as liberators. They have done there jobs to protect the government and people of the United States. But at what cost? Our fathers, brothers, and sons have come home to us struggling with emotions and post traumatic stress because of the horrific scenes of the battlefield. Some have come back as amputees. Many of our soldiers will never come home at all. Are all of these casualties really necessary? The cost of war is higher than it has ever been. Why do we keep fighting wars we can not afford let alone win? Which leads me to my point: We do not need war between the United States of America and other nations.

Reactions: NinetysBorn

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Well, I would've liked it if you first told us what it was about, but whatever. How many words is the minimum?

I'm guessing you're writing an essay as to why the US shouldn't go to war any more? Well, it's interesting, but I think in your first paragraph there is one thing you're missing out (Or 2) - Why are they going to war, and what do other countries think about this?
Agreed. Any way, it feels like your uninformed of why America went. I agree after how(I believe but could be wrong) russia failed, it was a bad idea but you can't aim for only one side of the argument.

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
Discuss

1. What consequences might be there if we didn't go to war anymore
2. What might've happened if we didn't go to war before
3. Benefits of not going to war
4. Benefits of going to war.

There are a LOT of things you can discuss. A LOT. You're going to have to emphasize on your anti-war points, state how they overvalidate on your pro-war points, etc.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Discuss

1. What consequences might be there if we didn't go to war anymore
2. What might've happened if we didn't go to war before
3. Benefits of not going to war
4. Benefits of going to war.

There are a LOT of things you can discuss. A LOT. You're going to have to emphasize on your anti-war points, state how they overvalidate on your pro-war points, etc.
He is completely correct, you should also use history in your favor to point out wars that were needed to those that weren't and tell why they were needed.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
I would have voted yes, but before I read the description, I thought the question was referring to whether or not I like class. Please be more specific next time.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
I LIKE IT. Nuff said

Fiesty Fedora's
galapagos_fur_seal_1.jpg

Seal of Approval! :y:

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
"Thankfully, with the recent popularization of drones, we can wage war without risking deaths, injuries, or expensive equipment! A modern-day drone is cheap, can fly far higher in the air than a bullet or missile can easily reach, and can see targets with its high-definition camera or heat sensors, in stark contrast to soldiers who cost a salary and risk their lives. In addition, a standard-issue M16 rifle pales in comparison to the sheer destroying power of the AGM-114 Hellfire missile, capable of obliterating a blast radius of 15 to 20 meters (not including shrapnel)! No longer do we need to risk our brothers on the battlefield; the face of war now is sitting in bunkers, playing with joysticks. That is why I support all-out war on every country in the world."

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
"Thankfully, with the recent popularization of drones, we can wage war without risking deaths, injuries, or expensive equipment! A modern-day drone is cheap, can fly far higher in the air than a bullet or missile can easily reach, and can see targets with its high-definition camera or heat sensors, in stark contrast to soldiers who cost a salary and risk their lives. In addition, a standard-issue M16 rifle pales in comparison to the sheer destroying power of the AGM-114 Hellfire missile, capable of obliterating a blast radius of 15 to 20 meters (not including shrapnel)! No longer do we need to risk our brothers on the battlefield; the face of war now is sitting in bunkers, playing with joysticks. That is why I support all-out war on every country in the world."
So your saying we should train soldiers using COD