Competitive Relic

Affreckles

Qualified
Dec 21, 2013
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Relic (version 1.0) - Small competitive CTF map for 6 - 8 players. Use with "Frecks' CTF" for best results.

RELIC
By Affreckles

Introduction:
After making "Rust" and recieving lots of feedback from the community, I decided I wanted to try and make a small competitive CTF map. I knew I was quite decent (he says) at forging flood but I wanted to make a map which could improve my level of understanding on block usage,...

Read more about this map...

fame28

Novice
Feb 7, 2014
It looks an aweful lot like a map we play in matchmaking, but I can't recall the name at the moment. If you would like though - send me a message on xbox fame28 and we can play test it and possibly video record some footage for you if you like (I have a capture card and stream to twitch.tv, so we can try to round up some players for any competitive map testing - no zombies please - lol)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Looks like a really clean 2 base 2 tower map, cudos. They're the simplest competitive maps to do and a great introductory style of map, it is limited in the fact that it is just that, 2 base 2 tower maps really don't have anything unique about them since forge is kind of inundated by them. One thing I do suggest you do is create more interesting geometry on the bottom floor by creating some dips in elevation etc, the wall collies are kinda boring. I mean it should be alright but it's just more interesting to add that extra layer of player movement and safety. I say this especially because it looks like green/gold are more segmented than standard 2 base 2 towers and this exposes the bottom mid area more so than usual.

Affreckles

Qualified
Dec 21, 2013
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Affreckles updated Relic with a new update entry:

Minor tweaks to weapons, line of sight blockers and added more to the back corners behind the bases

RELIC
By Affreckles

So I decided after uploading the map that I needed to make some minor tweaks to it.

Weapons:
The shotgun has been replaced by concussion rifle reloading at 120 seconds with one spare clip. That has been swapped positions with the needler so that the concussion rifle is riskier to obtain because it is more powerful. The energy sword has now...

Read the rest of this update entry...