Red Ring of Death Discussion

Have you ever had a red ring of death on your xbox?

• Total voters

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
Help! Have you ever had a red ring of death appear on your xbox? One did on mine! Right before a lobby I RSVPed to! Do you know of anything that can help?

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Help! Have you ever had a red ring of death appear on your xbox? One did on mine! Right before a lobby I RSVPed to! Do you know of anything that can help?

Well for starters, what red ring appeared and what xbox are you using?

588px-Xbox_360_Error_codes.svg.png

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
E74 error
An E74 error is indicated when the lower-right quadrant of the ring indicator flashes red and displays an error message in multiple languages: "System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support", with the code E74 at the bottom . The error is caused when there's a video problem, because the Xbox 360's hardware scaler chip is damaged. As of April 14, 2009, the E74 error is now covered by the three-year extended warranty, and customers who previously paid Microsoft for out-of-warranty service to correct the E74 error received a refund.
It is worth noting that the E74 error is displayed in the Screens of Death article as a "Green Screen of Death" and a "Black Screen of Death" because early versions of these errors had an almost jet-black background with a hue of dark green. Later versions would show a completely jet-black background. Reports of impending Q4 red-light failure stem from users who report an abnormal display with poor, grainy video as well as black dots/artifacts appearing on the screen. Vertical green or red strokes on the screen can also indicate an E74.

;(

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
Answer to life... Google it. I luckily haven't had a red ring of death YET, so i can't really help you out, but as i said before, if you need anything answered, google it!

Jan 29, 2013
... As of April 14, 2009, the E74 error is now covered by the three-year extended warranty, and customers who previously paid Microsoft for out-of-warranty service to correct the E74 error received a refund.
Now if they can only refund those of us who paid for the first DLC that was actually free to the general public...

Jan 29, 2013
DLC?
Wat?
The first Halo 4 DLC was given away for free, but you were suppose to pay for it. I paid for it and then discovered it was being given away for free. Some paid for it by buying the entire game package up front. They really should refund us or give us something "special"...

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
The first Halo 4 DLC was given away for free, but you were suppose to pay for it. I paid for it and then discovered it was being given away for free. Some paid for it by buying the entire game package up front. They really should refund us or give us something "special"...
A. What does this have to do with the Red ring
B. Giveaway happen for everything, doesnt mean you should get it for free
I bought all the DLC too.

Reactions: evergreen948

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
I was playing halo 3 for like 7 hours straight on carpet. I got red rings. Was on the oldest Xbox that my friend got from a friend. Sadly it was five years old

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
I will have a new xbox by thursday next week! When I return, there will be even MORE maps of mine in that map area. See you o... whatever Halo 4 Matchmaking updates say.