RACING H2A

Jan 29, 2013
I was watching a video here on a race track and I thought about how the blocks would change from one type to another along the track. Of course this destroys immersion, because the road doesn't really look like a road if its textures keep changing.

But with the new forge coming out, you can have up to 650 blocks total, no other budget restrictions. This means you can have say 250 large blocks that look like pavement of some type and the other 400 for walls. You can have one texture (one block) for road and one texture (one block) for walls. This will be a HUGE improvement to help immerse players into the race maps you forge.

Reactions: Buddy

AlexJ189

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Aug 20, 2013
Narnia
I completely agree that the aesthetics will improve with the new budget system. I do hope that there are more themes than concrete though.

Reactions: Kantalope

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
I'm a little confused at why the performance meter is there. The whole point of the Xbox one is to handle anything that the game throws at it. Why are we still seeing the same problems that the xbox 360 had. The 650 objects sounds great in all, but if there's frame rate at about 500 blocks, then what did they really fix? That's roughly the same piece count as a standard BTB map in Halo 4.

I don't know man. I'll be a little ticked off if we see frame rate problems on a brand new system. Especially because they've known about this problem since Halo Reach.

TurbTastic

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
Wisconsin
Sadly I think there will still be object type limits. In the forge demo when he placed a large terrain piece in the beginning I noticed that it showed there were 14 available and panicked until I saw that he already built that big island. Based on what I saw on the island I'm thinking that we will have 100 terrain/natural pieces to use.