Halo R.I.P. a member of the halo family.

what side weapon will you be using now?

• Total voters

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Even with the nerf its still really good on Majestic.
Agreed. As a loadout weapon the thing is just right now. Timing it right one can get an easy shot-melee or even a 1 shot kill, something still remarkable for a weapon you can spawn with. The thing has been a menace for months, now it is a reasonable weapon to spawn with at the start of the game.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Charge+melee/headshot is almost an instant kill if you do your charging out of sight of the enemy
In case you guys thought I lost it there fore a second - yes, I'm fully aware of the PP combinations. Nonetheless, a Boltshot round will win out if it OHKOs. Instant is faster than almost instant.

Oh, and one must also consider that the BS still has a decent range for shield downing.

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

Ariel Morgan

Adept
Dec 27, 2012
Oak Park, MI
BS is not that much worse.

I was using the PP for a while anyways as the combos are great (better range than BS) and PP can catch people off guard at melee range (not as easily or far as BS, but it can be done).

I think the PP is superior now (especially when vehicles come into the discussion).

the night bat

Qualified
Feb 2, 2013
I have voted halo 1 magnum as most of the people here with brains will. it's a three shot kill guys, go and learn some halo history

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I have voted halo 1 magnum as most of the people here with brains will. it's a three shot kill guys, go and learn some halo history
I did not realize the Halo 1 pistol was a legitimate weapon in the Halo 4 sandbox. In that case I will run that with a brute shot as a side arm. Or maybe a Mauler. As long as I have a bubble shield or energy drain on me it won't matter.

I'm using every side arm currently, along with an AR and a Storm Rifle on 2 of my classes via Firepower.

Ariel Morgan

Adept
Dec 27, 2012
Oak Park, MI
I did not realize the Halo 1 pistol was a legitimate weapon in the Halo 4 sandbox. In that case I will run that with a brute shot as a side arm. Or maybe a Mauler. As long as I have a bubble shield or energy drain on me it won't matter.
Spike and Incinerators for me!
With a little flamethrower on the side

Oh, Sentinel beam too, that shit is so mush bettar than the Autos, it's a fraking lazerrrr

I'm using every side arm currently, along with an AR and a Storm Rifle on 2 of my classes via Firepower.
I have been using the AR more on CQC maps, and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed.
If you ever have the drop on someone with a rifle, they are dead, no questions.

Still, getting BS'd makes me cuss out the guy who did it :D
First time I died to it, I was all "WTF WAS THAT SHIT!?!"
Then I watched the buggiest killcam ever and see the Boltshot (at that point I hadn't a clue it had another fire function).

Guy is facing a wall the whole time, but he sure pwned me in that killcam. But I knew then, that shit is better than the shotty, plz nerf.