Question: Objective Drops

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
What game type(s) can Objective Drops be used in?

This may seem like a silly question: Dominion is where they are primarily featured.
However, while looking through the game options of v3 King of the Hill (the TU version), it gave me the option to enable them, So I then went into Forge Island and placed some hills down as a test. When I went to place the Objective Drop, it had multiple options: the standard ALPHA to EPSILON_RESUPPLY, and included OBJECTIVE_1 to 3. The latter is new, confirmed by viewing an old Certain Affinity tutorial. The commentator states rather directly, "Objective Drops only work in Dominion, and are fixed to be disabled by other game modes".

I made just three hills, set to "progressive" with spawn sequences, labeled the ordinances 1-3 corresponding to the spawn sequence, and placed them in. When I tested the game mode, no ordinances were dropped. Did I do something wrong? Most likely they were correct about it only working for Dominion, not just as a limited toggle option, but within the gametype's coding.

If in the case that Dominion is the only default gametype it works with,
have Objective Drops been implemented into modded game variants?

Especially with KOTH, having them enabled would allow us to make "Drop Zone"-esque gameytpes. While this could be done with initial drops and progressive hill timed gametype, it would be much more exciting to have them move with the hills. It could have other uses in practically any game type.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
How you got the option to toggle objective drops is beyond me, they are certainly only supposed to work in Dominion. Objective drops would have been ideal for Conversion had we been able to toggle them.