Halo Project Contingency Discussion

What do you guess think about it?

• Total voters

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Hey guys, Greenh2 here, and this is a discussion about Project Contingency. :)
Contingency's Tech Demo:

About: Project Contingency is a Free to Play Halo fan made project being made by Halo veterans. It has been in development for over a year, and they still have quite a long way from being finished. Here is the pictures of the project so far: (NOTE: The work shown here are not mine, I'm not even taking part of this project. I can't make anything this awesome :p)
Multiplayer: The developers of the project is aiming for having the original core to the game, with new elements without hurting the experience. So far, they said they are trying to make the battlefield at a much larger scale than any other Halo game has made (aka Battlefield multiplayer scale :))

Singleplayer: Unconfirmed
3D Animations

Screenshots
Screenshot of a map:
Frame000000.jpg

Frame000001.jpg

Spartan II's HUD :
hud_final.png

Elite Character Model:
12.jpg

Low Poly Energy Sword Handle:
1.jpg

Concept of Elite's Armour:
9.jpg

Elite Shield Testing:
11.jpg

Coloring System of Covenant Assets:
13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

Menu Concepts
Pvn1HXA.jpg

k7WDQaq.jpg

EiMNLdn.jpg

sCmfUaq.jpg

For more screenshots of the project, head here: http://project-contingency.forumotion.com/h5-gallery

Sample Soundtrack :D:
https://soundcloud.com/ferpepe/sets/project-contingency

All of this is still a work in progress, so it might be changed.

Website Link: http://www.project-contingency.net/

If you have any questions, I can see if there's an answer ;).

So, thanks for reading, and enjoy your hype if there's any! Have a great day!!! Greenh2, signing out :cool2:

Last edited:

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
This project looks promising! The idea of seeing content like this put in the hands of fan developers is exciting, though it could go one of many ways. With collaboration with the community, it could really shape into something we'd all love to see. But it would be easy for this to fall at the wayside as an unfulfilled tech demo. It's important to remember that, as tech demos are very early on in the developer process.

Graphics look nice, though a little uniform. It lacks the level of color that prevails in the canon titles, though the fiery scene at the end is very impressive!

Can't wait to see where this goes. Hopefully it turns out well and, if so, gets its respective recognition.

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
This project looks promising! The idea of seeing content like this put in the hands of fan developers is exciting, though it could go one of many ways. With collaboration with the community, it could really shape into something we'd all love to see. But it would be easy for this to fall at the wayside as an unfulfilled tech demo. It's important to remember that, as tech demos are very early on in the developer process.

Graphics look nice, though a little uniform. It lacks the level of color that prevails in the canon titles, though the fiery scene at the end is very impressive!

Can't wait to see where this goes. Hopefully it turns out well and, if so, gets its respective recognition.
Yeah, the team said that they are making progress, but it is a bit slow. But, they talk to the community on the main website so they can show tiny hints of what they are doing. Unfortunately, it is on thin ice. If Microsoft says they don't like what they are doing, then the whole project is cancelled. But, so far 343i said that they are doing everything fine, so that's good news :).

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee

Kujailija

Novice
Aug 24, 2014
Finland
Voted for "not exited", but I don't mean that as a negative towards the game. I just don't want to create any hype towards it, so I'll wait for it to come out... who knows how long it's gonna take. And as you pointed out, at any point MS could go "Nah, I don't want this".

One interesting thing it would bring to the table, though, is that it would allow people on PC play a more modern Halo game and I'm all up for it :)

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Voted for "not exited"...
:eek:... Just leave.... Jk, I understand :). It might take awhile, since they said the project might be around 2%-3% complete. They had a lot of progress before, but the Cryengine got updated and it broke all of their assets unfortunately. Anybody could make this game, but I'm hyped for it because it's being made by hardcore Halo fans :D