Competitive Profluentem

El1T3x10 RAP1Dz

Proficient
Apr 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Profluentem (version 1.0) - A smaller symmetrical map built around the waterfall on Ravine. 8-12 players

The map:
Profluentem is a smaller scale map built around the beautiful looking waterfall on Ravine. The map is symmetrical and very balanced with both long and short sight-lines, and a well thought out risk-vs-reward system. All of the power weapons are neutral, and require you to give up any advantage you have to acquire them. the map is filled with cool and unique aesthetic touches, and is very visually pleasing....​

Read more about this map...

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Calm down German... :p

Rapeedeez, did you build this off of what we were able to forge in Liquidium? This looks pretty. Interested to see how this plays because it appears to be an improvement over your previous map.

I'd like to 1v1 you on this. :)

El1T3x10 RAP1Dz

Proficient
Apr 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia

Rapeedeez, did you build this off of what we were able to forge in Liquidium? This looks pretty. Interested to see how this plays because it appears to be an improvement over your previous map.

No, this actually started off as something to experiment for what we could do on our co-forge. And indeed it does look pretty. I still have quite a large budget left, and I'm not quite done with aesthetics, but I'm proud of it for now.

As for the 1v1, I'm not exactly sure what player count this map should be. It seems too big for 1v1/2v2, but my player count listed for the map is obviously slightly too big. We'll have to find out! Remind me to tweak the weapon payout when we 1v1.

I shall win this time!

Reactions: Zandril

El1T3x10 RAP1Dz

Proficient
Apr 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia

Two more things:

1. Would the large centerpiece be "clutter"? It serves a purpose (the grav-lift and line of sight blockage), but I'd like your opinion.
2. For a 2v2 map, would the classic ordinance layout be too much? There's a Sniper on 150 with 1 spare clip, a Railgun on 150 with 1 spare clip, and a Sword on 180 (doesn't spawn at start). I think those are right, but the timers may be wrong.

I really need to figure out a player count for this map already!

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Two more things:

1. Would the large centerpiece be "clutter"? It serves a purpose (the grav-lift and line of sight blockage), but I'd like your opinion.
2. For a 2v2 map, would the classic ordinance layout be too much? There's a Sniper on 150 with 1 spare clip, a Railgun on 150 with 1 spare clip, and a Sword on 180 (doesn't spawn at start). I think those are right, but the timers may be wrong.

I really need to figure out a player count for this map already!

Nah, the centerpiece looks good I think. I'll have to get a closer look though. For 2v2, I'd give the sniper 0 spare clips and have it spawn at 90 seconds. At least, that's what I do. It works very well for me but I don't know this map so you'll have to make the best decision on your own.

I'd remove the sword though. Usually, it's not good for 2v2. I'd replace it with a Plasma Pistol, Boltshot, or Assault Rifle.