Gaming Planetside 2 (PC techies needed!)

CoreKeyblade

Proficient
Jan 18, 2013
Britain, England
Hey thinking of getting planetside 2 on my shiny new laptop, though I need to know if Its powerful enough to play it, anybody fluent in pc specs who would like to confirm or deny it for me would be appreciated, specs as follows
Model: Lenovo G580 (Not default, I had it slightly modified to have extra memory/HDD)
CPU: I3-3110M
RAM: 6G
HDD:1TB
LAN: 10/100M
ODD: RAMBO
Display: 15.6"HD LED
Battery: 6CELL
Colour: Blue (Cause you know, I feel this may be a key factor)
On a side note, I have a portable expansion drive I hold my steam and iTunes on, has a ridiculous amount of memory (like 100TB?)
Any help is seriously appreciated, thanks.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Hey thinking of getting planetside 2 on my shiny new laptop, though I need to know if Its powerful enough to play it, anybody fluent in pc specs who would like to confirm or deny it for me would be appreciated, specs as follows
Model: Lenovo G580 (Not default, I had it slightly modified to have extra memory/HDD)
CPU: I3-3110M
RAM: 6G
HDD:1TB
LAN: 10/100M
ODD: RAMBO
Display: 15.6"HD LED
Battery: 6CELL
Colour: Blue (Cause you know, I feel this may be a key factor)
On a side note, I have a portable expansion drive I hold my steam and iTunes on, has a ridiculous amount of memory (like 100TB?)
Any help is seriously appreciated, thanks.

Well I have a new Lenovo too, with more Ram, and a Bigger Hardrive, and I could not run Planetside what so ever.
So... yeah.

CoreKeyblade

Proficient
Jan 18, 2013
Britain, England
Well I have a new Lenovo too, with more Ram, and a Bigger Hardrive, and I could not run Planetside what so ever.
So... yeah.
Well that bodes well, still I'll wait and see what a tech head has to say on the matter, on a side note, I thought, actually I know both my RAM and HDD are above minimum.

iGraviton

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
I'm no expert but considering there's no graphics card, only the Intel Integrated Graphics, from an optimistic standpoint I would say you might be able to run it at low settings. If you want to be able to run games on your PC, you're going to need a higher end graphics card, and you may want to upgrade the processor from and i3 to an i5.

CoreKeyblade

Proficient
Jan 18, 2013
Britain, England
I'm no expert but considering there's no graphics card, only the Intel Integrated Graphics, from an optimistic standpoint I would say you might be able to run it at low settings. If you want to be able to run games on your PC, you're going to need a higher end graphics card, and you may want to upgrade the processor from and i3 to an i5.
Thanks, graphics cards are not cheap thoe, plus I'm not sure if you can install them on laptops, as for my processor, I'd have thought that was pretty good?