Gaming Petition for DICE to support 4 player split screen in Star Wars Battlefront - PLEASE SIGN!

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Why would Battlefront need split-screen for four-players? With it being an online multiplayer game, it kind of speaks for itself.
Considering the biggest complaint so far is the void of a single-player campaign, I really can't see this being an added feature regardless of signatures on the petition.

Reactions: Psychoduck

Hardline_Pro

Novice
May 24, 2013
USA
www.youtube.com
Why would Battlefront need split-screen for four-players? With it being an online multiplayer game, it kind of speaks for itself.
Considering the biggest complaint so far is the void of a single-player campaign, I really can't see this being an added feature regardless of signatures on the petition.

Because it was in the first 2 Battlefront games.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Because it was in the first 2 Battlefront games.
That was back when Battlefront wasn't primarily an "Online" Multiplayer game. They were merely a Multiplayer game.
Heck, I have no idea if the old Battlefront games even had Online functionality...

The fact of the matter is, you have the ability to play with sixteen people against another sixteen people, with a ton of AI players as well. Dice aren't going to add in the split-screen functionality for two reasons;

1. It means that four people enjoy the game with only one copy of the game being purchased. That cuts their profits.
2. They'll have to drastically scale down the visual effects of the game in order for the console running the game to cope with the extra physics of constant explosions and gunfire, which again, will cut their profits.

It's a suicide move including split-screen playability these days because it means games are forced to struggle with the simple playability they should have.
It's extra time and cost to implement the functionality as well, which puts the company more at a loss, with no prospective gains.

Your opinion is; "I won't buy this game unless three of my friends can play it with me for free".
Dice's opinion will be; "So, if you don't buy the copy, that's one sale lost and no production lost. If we do waste our time just for your one sale, we lose out on three sales and production costs."

This shouldn't be too hard to understand, they have to make profits to keep making games.