Map Preview Our Daily Bread

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
The Flood are coming, and we are without our daily bread.

Our Daily Bread is a linear progression Flood map, currently under development, depicting the struggle to find your daily bread in a Flood stricken world. I have gone through many designs of linear maps (most of which were shit) and have finally settled on this, as it doesn't look too bad and has an interesting layout. The map makes use of one two holdout areas with the first one opening up after 90 seconds or so to the rest of the map. The Flood can make use of extensive walkways around the map that only they can traverse. This way they can plan their attack and use tactics amongst themselves such attacking all at once or flanking, instead of running through a hallway of speeding bullets, so to speak. So far, with the sufficient communication, there has been some pretty competitive gameplay which is what I want with this map.

8445099885_ebc0c51163_z.jpg

8446189242_113ac76cba_z.jpg

8446189198_79efe396f6_z.jpg

8445099755_571589c320_z.jpg

8445099869_77558a580f_z.jpg

8445099767_99ef656db8_z.jpg

There is still a shit ton of work to be done such as balancing and object usage so I will be testing in my BIOC lobbies and maybe some other host's BIOC lobbies too. So, if you want to play it you know where to go. Thanks guys.

Give us this day our daily bread M 6:11

Reactions: Titmar

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
Joe aproached the bread, curious. It just lay there in the leather bag. Whoever had left it ther was dumb, he thought as he removed the pouch. Suddenly, he heard a scream from the building next to him. A marine stumbled out, clutching at his chest. Following him came a lightning fast figure. Joe's shotgun smoked at the end, and the flood exploded into infected matter. Joe rushed to the marine, fearing the worst. The man's breathing grew shallower and shallower, then stopped. Joe turned and started to leave, when behind him he heard a THUMP. Turning, he saw the marine's torso start to bubble. He was infected. Joe ran for the narrow alyway to escape the horror. Suddenly, the marine's contorted torso rose before him. He let out his final scream. Silence fell. The flood are coming, and we are without our daily bread.

I hope you liked that short story as much as I like your map. Anyway, I caught your reference to the scripture in the name.

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
I have to say, I really like the lighting on the map, but I feel like the sight lines could be a little too long and sparse depending on the flood settings.

Looks like another awesome BIOC creation.

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
Joe aproached the bread, curious. It just lay there in the leather bag. Whoever had left it ther was dumb, he thought as he removed the pouch. Suddenly, he heard a scream from the building next to him. A marine stumbled out, clutching at his chest. Following him came a lightning fast figure. Joe's shotgun smoked at the end, and the flood exploded into infected matter. Joe rushed to the marine, fearing the worst. The man's breathing grew shallower and shallower, then stopped. Joe turned and started to leave, when behind him he heard a THUMP. Turning, he saw the marine's torso start to bubble. He was infected. Joe ran for the narrow alyway to escape the horror. Suddenly, the marine's contorted torso rose before him. He let out his final scream. Silence fell. The flood are coming, and we are without our daily bread.

I hope you liked that short story as much as I like your map. Anyway, I caught your reference to the scripture in the name.

Dude that's fucking awesome. I love it. Thanks!

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
I have to say, I really like the lighting on the map, but I feel like the sight lines could be a little too long and sparse depending on the flood settings.

Looks like another awesome BIOC creation.

I have actually added a lot more line of sight blockers since I last tested it. during those tests it was a little too easy for the survivors. (speed and health may need reworking a little too) As it stands now, I don't think much more needs to be added to break sight lines; you need to remember that the lunge of the Flood is ridiculous so something needs to act against it. Maps need to be quite a bit bigger than in Reach because of this.

But yeah, it is one of the main factors that I am keeping a close eye on while testing.

Redy

Novice
Jan 2, 2013
Thanks man, I will be updating the thread as I make changes, you can help test if you like too.

I definitely need to play on this map, that's a incredible job just seeing from the pics, man, count with me every time you want to test it out. If you want enough people for a lobby, just let me know. I can jump in, and bring some friends. ;)

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
I definitely need to play on this map, that's a incredible job just seeing from the pics, man, count with me every time you want to test it out. If you want enough people for a lobby, just let me know. I can jump in, and bring some friends. ;)
Thanks man, yeah I'll be sure to invite you whenever I am. Cheers