Introduction Old School Gamer...

Feb 26, 2013
Hello, My name is Matt. Gamertag : The Frozin One.

I am a 31 year old father of three. My gaming time is limited. I love the forge concept but I lack the time to construct maps. I love playing on user created maps though. I did it a bit in Halo 3, and would love to game with some new people on some new unique maps.

I would love to see someone way more talented and with more free time build a spiritual successor to Quake 1's "Abandoned Base" (DM3). I used to play that as a teen in clan battles and have fond memories on that map.

Reactions: Berb

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Welcome to HaloCustoms Frozen!

If you're confused with anything, feel free to ask!

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
Lol, you're never too old :p At least that's what I'm hoping when I get older, never want to lose video gaming to growing up. Welcome to Halo Customs!

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
DM3 is a classic map, one of those map design greats that will be referenced for many many years (like de_dust2 in CounterStrike). I'm pretty sure I've seen remakes before but I don't recall any that really do justice to the original... major props to anyone who does make a suitable remake to that map!

And welcome to the site!

Feb 26, 2013
I'm actually taking a stab at remaking DM3 after thinking about it... I stayed up way too late last night fooling with it. It will not be a direct remake, but more like a spiritual successor. Hopefully once I have a "finished" copy, I could get some constructive criticism. It will be my very first forge map.

Reactions: Insane54

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
Welcome man, awesome to have some older guys here. Believe it or not, there are some more!! You just have to look :p

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. Check out some lobbies that are going on,HERE.